BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any CSL's in London that i would be able to see in person? I am in London until Monday visiting friends and would love to get the opportunity to see one as it is my all time favorite car ever. :thumbsup: Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was fortunate enough to see a CSL in person today in London!!! I was walking down Park Lane looking in the dealerships when i suddenly saw a CSL drive by. I immediatly ran down the street following it down a small alley. I was stairing at it when he parked on the street. The guy was nice enough to let me take pics of it and even sit in it! I was so excited words cannot even describe how happy i was to be able to see a M3 CSL in person let alone sit in one. It exceeded all of expectations and it was a very memoriable experience that i will never forget. It further proved why the M3 CSL is my all time favorite car!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm sure those pics you took are soon to be online for all to enjoy, yeah? :)

I haven't followed the CSL too closely.. other than having a few videos of it and having read a little here and there. But one thing I know for sure, the sound the CSL makes is just magnificent.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The CSL has one of the best exhaust notes there are imo.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Leo said:
Speaking of sounds:

Here are 2 examples I have for you.

Check out the airbox opening up :thumbsup:

1st CSL Drive-by video... (2MB, Xvid)

2nd CSL Drive-by video... (1.4MB, Xvid)
Ok, that is too cool. What a sound! Anyone know if BMW spent research time and money developing the sound specifically for the CSL? I've heard Ferrari does, extensively, for all of their cars.

I used to think Ferrari had the best sound-- and they still sound delicious, don't get me wrong. But two other cars IMO have effectively trumped the Ferrari in pure aural satisfaction: the M3 CSL and the Carrera GT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts