BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1>This is a sequel to my previous threads on http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/153324-900-hp-m-power.html -- M5 w M3 and http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e90-m3-sedan-e92-m3-coupe-e93-m3-convertible-e46-m3-e36-m3-z4-m-z4-m-coupe/161359-launch-worlds-first-exclusive-bmw-m-division-dealership.html
Here are some M3s on display including a rare E30 M3 and M3 Sedan w Competition Package in Frozen Grey (BMW M3 Sedan : M3 Competition package) , E30 M3 and M1 Hommage. Also captured my M5 with an X6M -- look at the size difference !

Enjoy :flag:

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0976.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

IMG_0957.JPG

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
have to say that I hope that this 'frozen' color thing ends real quick, very, very ugly and for sure a 'trend' thing just like the rebirth of the 'color' white which in fact isn't even a color. The (speed-)yellow M3 on the contrary is abolutely stunning! Well, everybody has to decide for themselve what color they do like or don't.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
168 Posts
That M3 Sedan looks really sick with competition package , i wish i was more patient

have to say that I hope that this 'frozen' color thing ends real quick, very, very ugly and for sure a 'trend' thing just like the rebirth of the 'color' white which in fact isn't even a color. The (speed-)yellow M3 on the contrary is abolutely stunning! Well, everybody has to decide for themselve what color they do like or don't.
at least i agree with you in this case , check Gustav's post about E90 Competition package's teaser in Silver,,It really looks awesome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like the frozen color but isn't there crazy restrictions for the buyer? You can't wax it or polish it I believe. That would be a deal breaker for me. Who would buy it with those kind of restrictions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It just requires a different kind of care and a different type of wax and cleaner. It is rough, the idea is to keep it that way. Normal waxes and polishing would make it shiny which defeats the point of having a matte finish.

My old M3 was Jerez black and it was a b*tch to care for. No matter how hard I tried I always ended up with micro scratches regardless of how much I spent on microfibre cloths, silicone drying squeegies and high end waxes. It would look good for about 2 days after hours and hours of elbow grease.

I'm actually expecting the FG car to be significantly easier to care for than JB was.

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the frozen color but isn't there crazy restrictions for the buyer? You can't wax it or polish it I believe. That would be a deal breaker for me. Who would buy it with those kind of restrictions?
Here you go -- follow this link -- http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e90-m3-sedan-e92-m3-coupe-e93-m3-convertible-e46-m3-e36-m3-z4-m-z4-m-coupe/164395-m1-hommage-m3-sedan-competition-package-frozen-grey-e30-m3-1000-hp-m-power.html

Provides detailed discussion and info on care for the frozen colors -- Moderator Alvnch is a guru on the frozen / matte shades !

But definitely paint protection film / clear bra is a must regardless of shades / colors if you intend to track your car :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Elite i've heard in Singapore credit tax is really high , what's the price of a fully loaded M3 there?
Here you go New BMW M Series Cars, Singapore Car Prices & Listing - sgCarMart -- official price list of M vehicles in Singapore -- all amounts in SGD (currently 1.3 to 1.4 SGD to 1 USD)

This thread also contains discussion on the car pricing structure / tax / tax credit refunds of Singapore -- http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/161346-launch-worlds-first-exclusive-bmw-m-division-dealership.html :cool:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey Elite. I'm from Singapore too haha. I'm studying in illinois now though. Nice to know someone in Singapore who has a beast. Can't really go very fast there though :x

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here you go New BMW M Series Cars, Singapore Car Prices & Listing - sgCarMart -- official price list of M vehicles in Singapore -- all amounts in SGD (currently 1.3 to 1.4 SGD to 1 USD)

This thread also contains discussion on the car pricing structure / tax / tax credit refunds of Singapore -- http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/161346-launch-worlds-first-exclusive-bmw-m-division-dealership.html :cool:
oooh, 250,000$ for an E90 M3? :eek:
i paid 130,000$ because of the 90% credit tax here ,i didn't think someone will pay more!!yawnnnn
i have a question , why M6 Coupe costs less than M3?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oooh, 250,000$ for an E90 M3? :eek:
i paid 130,000$ because of the 90% credit tax here ,i didn't think someone will pay more!!yawnnnn
i have a question , why M6 Coupe costs less than M3?
Probably because M6 production has stopped so the official dealer is not selling them anymore, and the only available ones are from existing stocks from parallel importers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts