BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

did a search and came across some bits of info, but none directly to answer my question.

I've got a set of M mirrors, but its LHD and my car is RHD. They fit, but the mirrors are wrongs. Would swapping the glass to RHD models make it useable? I checked on realOEM and they have glass replacements in RHD. Just wondering if they would work, and does anyone know where to get the glass mirrors online? thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply greenelekta. Looks like the pair will be up for sale then. damn, and it looked so nice. :crying:

·
Registered
593 Posts
I`ve got a set on my 3.6ltr RHD, not brilliant but you can use them. Maybe mine arn`t OEM? These are the rounded jobbies with the twin arms?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup that's the one. Can u get a clear view of the rear on d drivers side? Or it's like half car, half road? I wonder if I can get some custom convex mirrors to use on them. Might be worth checking out

·
Registered
593 Posts
I get a bit more road than car but as you say, not ideal. I have my seat nearly all the way back, maybe that helps. Definately requires a life-saver when changing lanes (look over shoulder) but not completely useless.

Could you not pack the rear of the drivers side glass to push the inner edge outwards?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm... Not sure if that will work. Let me see if I can get some custom mirrors made. If it works, I'll offer some here for us poor rhd folks. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
If you look at the two mirrors together you can see that on the left hand mirror the top "arm" is definitely longer and the bottom arm is angled differently.

What's needed for RHD is a mirrored (no pun) set.

i have some replicas on my car and they are ok quality, they have metal base and plastic shell like BMW. On my replicas both left and right are identical. The base part is shaped a bit differently and moves the whole mirror towards the back of the car. I guess this is so you get good visibility from both sides while having identical mirror bodies on both sides.

I would be very interested in a good RHD flipped version of the real mirrors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts