BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On ebay there are ///M emblems that replace the BMW Roundel on the trunk of our E39s. I was wondering how that would look.... anyone have a pic of one of these on their M5?

·
Registered
648 Posts
ELEVENS said:
On ebay there are ///M emblems that replace the BMW Roundel on the trunk of our E39s. I was wondering how that would look.... anyone have a pic of one of these on their M5?
I've seen them on plenty of BMWs. They don't look good IMO.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Don't think they look nice at all... just my opinion. :nono:

- Kin

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
ELEVENS said:
Hey Guru Bill,

I have seen some M3's with them on the Hood. I didn't like it. It is not as Classey as the BMW one. It just didn't look or feeel right.

MJ

·
Registered
264 Posts
ELEVENS

I think they look good. They are much nicer then the stock ones. I've noticed that people who dont like stuff like this usually don't mod their cars and like the stock look. But if you want to be unique and not look like eveyone else then I say go for it.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Whiteyford said:
ELEVENS

I think they look good. They are much nicer then the stock ones. I've noticed that people who dont like stuff like this usually don't mod their cars and like the stock look. But if you want to be unique and not look like eveyone else then I say go for it.
The above opinion is just Bullsh*t. They look like cheap crap! Nowhere as good as BMW's. And I like modified M5's. I don't have a picture, but I have seen them.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
mr_bock said:
The above opinion is just Bullsh*t. They look like cheap crap! Nowhere as good as BMW's. And I like modified M5's. I don't have a picture, but I have seen them.
With that signature I ain't going argue that you like to modify your car. :byee55amg

- Kin

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No pics?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Whiteyford said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7971506734&category=33643

If you think that these don't look good then you're smoking crack. The original BMW ones are fine but for an aftermarket look these are pretty awesome.

There is a company out there doing a carbon fiber roundel but they are pretty steep.
Sorry ******,

But I also have to strongly disagree pal. I love to MOD the hell out of my cars. I must smoke crack, becasue these M badges just do not do it for me. They look cheap and nasty.

I like the three stripes that guys do on the Euro bar. I think Jason (atomic 80) has them. They are cool.

I don't mind the C/F roundel that is sweet. But alas something just is cheap about these M badges.

Just my opinion.

Regards MJ.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
They look horrific! Like all those people out there who stick ///M badges in front of their '525i' or '318' badge (why do they always seem to have magic tree air fresheners hanging from their rear view mirrors?)

Don't do it!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Crack and then some .... These are godawful mods to such an elegant car and I wish you hadn't posted the link since I'm now feeling naucious. They shout "RICE" as loud as possible; frankly, I'd rather go to the dentist than fit those :hihi:

Regards,

Gary.

Whiteyford said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7971506734&category=33643

If you think that these don't look good then you're smoking crack. The original BMW ones are fine but for an aftermarket look these are pretty awesome.

There is a company out there doing a carbon fiber roundel but they are pretty steep.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Don't let the body shop hear about those, since a concours show would laugh at such a modification. You'd come in last place.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
The existing ///M emblems on the car are nicely done and not overkill. Such a roudel would really spoil the looks of a very special car - IMO

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Whiteyford said:
... you're smoking crack...
Ouch - terrible choice of words. The crack smoker who did this went to jail:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Bill,

That pic is absolutely heartbreaking :sad2: :grrrrr: :crying2: :crying: :crying:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
yikes ELEVENS or Bill ermm anyway... that is the first time I saw any pictures of your car since the accident. Hope it is getting repaired nicely. :M5thumbs:

- Kin

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kin Mak said:
yikes ELEVENS or Bill ermm anyway... that is the first time I saw any pictures of your car since the accident. Hope it is getting repaired nicely. :M5thumbs:

- Kin
Sorry, if I scarred anyone emotionally- the pic is very graphic!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts