BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BMW part no for the front wheels are listed in two types 36 11 2 226 706 and 743 both are silver but the 743 is listed as polished and weighs 8.64 kg, the 707 as forged and weighs 9.06.

There seems to be no reason for this and wonder if it is simply from a differnt manufacturer or any other explanation?

·
Registered
431 Posts
the rims are identical in construction. I bought the "polished" ones in 2006. The difference between them is the finish. the polished ones have a clear-coated, diamond machined finish on the outer rim - as opposed to painted silver like the throwing star.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beg your pardon the 707 is indeed the 9" rim should have said 706 and 743.

I have not seen the wheels but the seller has confirmed that they look identical and is definately not a shiny polished finish although the description would lead one to believe otherwise..

·
Registered
431 Posts
it's not shiny mirror finished, it's clear over machined. in all honesty you can't even really tell unless you get close to the rim. it's definitely not painted silver though.

I'll get a pic up later today of my 743s if you'd like. it's 9am on a tuesday morning here so i'll have to wait til after work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts