BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I tried to find something on the board but, search doesnt want to cooperate with me =(

So I'm trying to find some M pars on my beast, but there is some technical question.
Original style 65 wheels are 8x18 front and 9,5x18 rear with offset 20 front and 22 rear. Style 37 e39 wheels are 8x18 front and 9x18 with ofset 20 and 24. So front wheels are same but there is question with rear ones. Can I place 275/35 r18 tire on 9'' M pars and how 24 offset will affect my car will it fit?
Thank you very much :biggrin:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys, somebody could help me Iknow that alot of people know the answer... :confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found one thread but there guys finding out about reps. So do you think yhat I can use 275 tires in the back with 9" wheel? And what does bigger ET number, If the ET is 24 instead of 22 then wheel will be positioned wider (would love that aspect mmmmmm )

·
Registered
384 Posts
I found one thread but there guys finding out about reps. So do you think yhat I can use 275 tires in the back with 9" wheel? And what does bigger ET number, If the ET is 24 instead of 22 then wheel will be positioned wider (would love that aspect mmmmmm )
Larger ET's push the wheels "inward" (toward the center of the car). I'm putting M-par replica's on mine this spring (already have 'em but the beast is sleeping).

-crds

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At last there is opportunity to exchange my stock wheels on some M pars. I'm still not sure about the rear tires. And sad that I cant send any PM's to users that have M-pars on their beasts, cause I need some posts to be able to do that. :1: Maybe somebody can proof me that I just paranoid and everything will be ok :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Larger ET's push the wheels "inward" (toward the center of the car). I'm putting M-par replica's on mine this spring (already have 'em but the beast is sleeping).

-crds

ET, or offsets, are a measurement of where the mount point of the wheel is in relation to the center of the wheel width.

Crds is right, but I thought I'd throw an explanation for offsets out there so you will know that, for example, an 8 inch wide wheel with a 20 offset and a 9 inch wide wheel with a 20 offset is a significant difference.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice pics, and some usefull posts. If I will go to 19'' then I better save some bucks on BBS, OZ, or something like that I hope. The problem with asking some other member is that, I'm too ''young'' on this bord and I dont have permission to send PM yet :tonquesmilie:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts