BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I picked her up yesterday from bonnie Scotland, and I'm over the moon with her. Totally blown away with the condition inside and out...the leather still smells as new as an E60's and is in perfect condition. I consider myself a lucky chap. 49,580 miles on the clock, 2 owners , the 1st for 6 yrs and the second for 12 months...a folder full on receipts, 12 months mot and 4 months tax with 6 months parts and labour warranty, no noise from the vanos from cold start just a whoosh of 5 litre vee 8....fingers crossed she'll be as good as my e34 m5T.............see you all on the 16th at the Goat...steve

Attachments

·
10,456 Posts
congratulations.

Lemans blue interior with wood trim, kind of a rare combination, most would have the brushed aluminum.
:cheers:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Nice one Steve, she looks absolutely stunning................a right minter.
You will never get bored of that horny v8 noise, i know I've had mine over a year and it still makes me smile!!:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Great colour combo !

But, er, shouldn't this be posted in the E39 forum?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great colour combo !

But, er, shouldn't this be posted in the E39 forum?
Yeah Sal's right I have a lot of good pals on the E34 section..cheers for the nice comments chaps,

@ Faz...hope she will behave...warranty's are coming down in price though !!

@ D ...I gave Carbon Clarissa a little tickle 2day and man she feels so much quicker than the E34 M5T..its all that torque so low down I think that makes the difference and the car looks and feels more like an E60 M5 than an E34 M5...the leap in technology from 1996 end of the 34 to my January 01 registered car seems lightyears...whether it was or not only Faz can tell with his knowledge...but still I felt as if I picked up a brand new M5 on Friday ..........bloody excited m8..Oh by the way Gavp has also got a beautiful example also in black with heritage caramel interior.......awesome

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice one Steve, she looks absolutely stunning................a right minter.
You will never get bored of that horny v8 noise, i know I've had mine over a year and it still makes me smile!!:M5thumbs:
Robbie lad, Oh your soooooo right m8...that V8 is great m8...It was sittin in yours last meet that the bug bit and when you revved that engine ....wow c u soon

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Robbie lad, Oh your soooooo right m8...that V8 is great m8...It was sittin in yours last meet that the bug bit and when you revved that engine ....wow c u soon
Stevie boy, you are in love with your m already, I can tell!!
I have a lot of passion for e34's but love e39's more, glad you got the bug.
See you soon!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The E39 is indeed a brilliant machine. I have been driving a few more recently. I drove one that had just had a KDS done and it was leaps and bounds ahead of previous ones I had sampled.

As for outright power - dyno results vs S38 show the extent to which the S62 has the torque advantage - it is absolutely massive!

I will more than likely be having an e39 M5 within 2008.

Sal

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Oh dear , us E34 M5 lovers are really beginning to look like E39 M5 wannabe's ..........

I'll stick with my E34 thanks !

D

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Hi Rob , it's all about individual tastes and preferences of course ......

However , the sheer emotion that driving an E34 M5 evokes in me could never be replicated by an E39 , even if it were to have a V12 under the bonnet !

Each to his own .....I sold my E39 B10 Alpina 4.6 V8 and kept my E34 M5 ( of which I've had several since ) without regreting it for an instant !

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi Dave, you are right about individual tastes, I was thinking that but never wrote it!!
To be honest though if I could (or if I won the lottery) I would have one of every single m5 ever produced.................all immaculate examples of course and an ascari engined e39 m5 to whip the arse of the auto e60!

Still yet to drive an e34 to appreciate one properly, before I could afford an m5 every time I thought of an one it was always the e34 that I pictured in my head, always loved the shape ever since it rolled onto the tarmac, very "hard" looking motor!! I better shut up now before I nick Steves thread!!

Rob

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Oh dear , us E34 M5 lovers are really beginning to look like E39 M5 wannabe's ..........

I'll stick with my E34 thanks !

D
Easy now David....no one said anything about the e34 being replaced here :biggrin:

The E34 and E39 to me atleast are two totally different cars.

I've spent alot of money and time getting my e34 the way I want it (pretty much stock with everything working properly), there is no way I'm about to replace it.

An E39 M5 is something I'm considering getting to keep the miles down on the E34.

If it's not an E39 then it will be an e90 335d.

Sal

1 - 20 of 23 Posts