BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when this will be available? I am really considreing just getting a 545 sport with the M package since the M5 will not have a traditional manual...

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Will it be available for this side of the pond?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
SOMA said:
Does anyone know when this will be available? I am really considreing just getting a 545 sport with the M package since the M5 will not have a traditional manual...

Thanks,
Scott
Hi!
It seems to be already available, at least in europe(Not in all colours, as my dealer informed me). There is a demo car at my local dealer with the M-package. It`s in metallic blue and looks STUNNING with the 18` M-wheels :eek: , it`s only 520i though..... :3:

cherrsagai
Sakke

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Bah what about the US? We either dont get it or its late... I have a feeling like the M Technik Grill from the E39 that we wont get it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called a few dealerships in the N.Y. area that I've dealt with in the past to find out if the M package is available here. After a couple of days checking for me, they all came back with the same answer - "M package only available in Europe".... :crying:

Looks like I'll just have to go with 545 sport package...for now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
mclcmdg said:
I called a few dealerships in the N.Y. area that I've dealt with in the past to find out if the M package is available here. After a couple of days checking for me, they all came back with the same answer - "M package only available in Europe".... :crying:

Looks like I'll just have to go with 545 sport package...for now.
It does not make any business sense for not bringing this M package to North America. I have a feeling that the dealerships said this so that people will keep buying the regular 5 instead of waiting for this M package. I predict that we will see this package within a year in North America. Cheers!:byebye:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Has anybody tested the 535d ?? people think the M5 is fast, i'm sure people will be even more surprised when they drive the 535 and realise that is it a diesel !:M5launch:

·
Registered
248 Posts
SOMA said:

Thanks,
Scott
I would skip the sports package entirely. I have a 545i with sports package and the ride is very stiff. I have changed the runflats and it has improved the ride a bit. Also, the active steering is very artificial in the city (skip it). I believe BMW is removing the active steering from the sport package and making it a standalone option.

p.s. I am comparing this car to my E39 540i with sport package.

·
Registered
816 Posts
The so called M Package doesn't look 100% like the package used for the real M5, so one can tell the difference between an M and non-M car. But I suppose if you just want to dress up the standard 5, it's not a bad way of doing it.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
I think it looks good, easpecially that touring, perhaps a glimpse of what an e60 m5 would look like?

all the best
adam

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
greg_h said:
No kidding! You would think they could hide that cyclops eye a little better!
Mercedes hides it better. :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I couldn't wait any longer. Considering we may never see the 'M' package here in the U.S., I went ahead and picked up a 545 6 speed sport package...Taking delivery Wednesday mmmmmm ...Goodbye 540 Sport :M5launch: ...Hello 545 Sport...

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
mclcmdg said:
Well, I couldn't wait any longer. Considering we may never see the 'M' package here in the U.S., I went ahead and picked up a 545 6 speed sport package...Taking delivery Wednesday mmmmmm ...Goodbye 540 Sport :M5launch: ...Hello 545 Sport...
Same here... Mines in status 151 as of yesterday in Dingolfing :)

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
The Touring with the M Sport treatment looks really good especially the rear view. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts