BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just reading through a memo given to me by my dealer from the Product Planning & Strategy Dept. at BMW NA. There is a paragraph in there extending an invitation to the BMW Performance Center at Spartanburg for all new M5 owners. It appears to free of charge other than getting your carcass down there. They state there will be product demos, excercises in car control and some track time on a "short slalom course". Any one thinking of going?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I had a great time the first time I went, and I expect to go again. It isn't functioning yet. It is probably tough to get 10 extra E60 M5s for a month or two more. It is wonderful driving their cars, and not learning on your own.

·
Registered
147 Posts
uh.....Hello.....
i just posted the similar message yesterday and the memo was forwawrded in a reply. the memo is the dealer info memo from july 05 i think and refers to when the manual trany will be available too. i don't know how to attach it here or i would sorry.
but i am looking forward to spartansburg..it remains a hightlight of my 20 years of BMW ownership.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work in Charleston, SC a few time each year. I'm going to tag on a few extras days next trip and go to Spartanburg myself.

·
Registered
537 Posts
my week 37 build should be here soon. What would i need to do to participate in the M owners program?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
hal2000 said:
my week 37 build should be here soon. What would i need to do to participate in the M owners program?
Tell your dealer to sign you up. The dealer is SUPPOSED to be the main source of information. Sometimes, people had to call directly. Again, it isn't running yet, but your dealer SHOULD stay on top of the annoucements.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Now is this for Performance Center Delivery, or is it the M5 Driving Experience? If the PCD, that is old news, just did it last month on a M3. If M5DE.. I am surprised they might have it online that fast.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Happened to remember something the instructor at the PCD told me when I mentioned coming back for the ///M and Advanced ///M schools... he said I should wait until the spring, because they would have the M5 and M6 then.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The new M5 will have an "owners program" just as the previous model did. This is completely different and indipendent from the "delivery program" which you can also do with the M5. You can do both.

The Delivery program will include a drive time of approx. 1hr 45min

the M5 Owners program will be an all day driving event. Your dealer should be able to help you get set up with that. If not, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

And yes, If you plan on attending an M school or Advanced M school and you want to drive the new M5, you should book your class no sooner than late Oct. because we will probably not have our fleet until then.

We are still hoping to have a couple of them for people to drive durring the advanced M Schools at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) on Oct. 9th 10th 11th and 12th.

·
Registered
469 Posts
So to see if I have this straight, one can do the Delivery program and the M5 owners program for free and can take the M School's at an additional price?

MrDrifter said:
The new M5 will have an "owners program" just as the previous model did. This is completely different and indipendent from the "delivery program" which you can also do with the M5. You can do both.

The Delivery program will include a drive time of approx. 1hr 45min

the M5 Owners program will be an all day driving event. Your dealer should be able to help you get set up with that. If not, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

And yes, If you plan on attending an M school or Advanced M school and you want to drive the new M5, you should book your class no sooner than late Oct. because we will probably not have our fleet until then.

We are still hoping to have a couple of them for people to drive durring the advanced M Schools at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) on Oct. 9th 10th 11th and 12th.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Anyone want to take me? I want to go! :)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
If you are taking delivery this year, I wouldn't count on getting the M5DE... from what I was told last month, they won't have M5s until winter/spring.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
hal2000 said:
unfortuantley i dont believe they allow guests
I believe that the M5 Driving Experience is for the owner plus one guest.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
hal2000 said:
maybe i have room for 1 guest then !

WAIT! I asked first!!! :wroom:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts