BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Hope its not the the one in the kidneys...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse...
but:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You guys are rough.. Let me be more civil.. IMHO and think many will agree that M symbol on the front grill is overkill.. same reason some of the M symbols on side gills on E60 are over the top (i know E60 guys may disagree but thank god E39 does not have that rubbish).

Many on the board are trying to get rid of some of the M symbols and not add more so im confused why you're adding more :confused:. The M on the back of your car and your quad pipes is really all you need so lesser mortals on the road know what just passed them..

Again, it is your car and you may do as you wish..

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Jason, if you are going to post a thread stating only that you have done "x" exterior mod then you really should post a picture otherwise it's not much more useful than tweeting said info. As for the folks who disapprove of this mod, well.. I totally agree. However, given all the other rather tasteless mods that are fairly common among us I don't think we can really be pointing fingers at this 2 inch piece of plastic when others are adorning their cars with massive chunks of carbon fibre and plastic. And let's not try and defend this by saying something like "but my carbon fibre, 23 piece splitter and slotted rear diffuser is functional!" Cuz really it ain't helping you get from A to B any quicker than Jason's extra M badge.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Javacore99, your sig makes me more than a little uncomfortable. :weird:
It's a classic quote from Arnold in "Pumping Iron". Quite funny. The other memorable moment is him lying on the grass with his buddies after a workout, smoking a joint.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for your civility! Though, it's fairly easy to come off as *more* civil than most of the guys on this forum. And as far as the appropriateness of the M on the front, you guys are worse than women *****ing about each other's fashion choices behind other girls' backs! It is so common for folks to characterize M5 drivers as silly douchebags - and each of us can either feed into that stereotype or counter it - having joined the ranks, I'd like to think that the stereotypes are wrong. Help me!!

You guys are rough.. Let me be more civil.. IMHO and think many will agree that M symbol on the front grill is overkill.. same reason some of the M symbols on side gills on E60 are over the top (i know E60 guys may disagree but thank god E39 does not have that rubbish).

Many on the board are trying to get rid of some of the M symbols and not add more so im confused why you're adding more :confused:. The M on the back of your car and your quad pipes is really all you need so lesser mortals on the road know what just passed them..

Again, it is your car and you may do as you wish..

·
Registered
877 Posts

1 - 20 of 54 Posts