BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four new models are planned including a V8 powered M3 (four-door varaint), an M4 (two-door coupe/convertible), & a V10 powered M5 saloon & M6 Coupe. Below is the link to the picture.....

http://www.bmw2002.co.uk/news.htm

Hope you like the pics. and let me know what you think of them......:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the prices, I doubt very much that it'll come out as $120,000 for the ///M6, though sports cars/coupe come out to be more expensive than a four door, but it's still a little too much money over the ///M5

·
Registered
857 Posts
You know, lately I have been wondering what my next car will be in a few years from now. Benz AMG or some kind of Porsche? FORGET THAT!!! Looks at the M's that are gonna hit the streets... (i hope these pictures are true indicators of what's to come)

OMG :eek: :thumbsup: :cool2: :cool: :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Re: M6 Price

If you take into account the fall of the US dollar the price sounds quite reasonable. Prices of some cars in the US are extreamly low compared to Europe. The Porsche Cayenne and the E55 are two examples of models that have prices that are around 30% less expensive in the US. If the current exchangerates hold or if the dollar falls even more you are probably in for much higher prices on european cars.

Regards/Robert:)

zzzzMD said:
Are they kidding? They're saying $120,000 U.S. for the M6. Doesn't make sense compared with the M5. :eek:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Re: M6 Price

zzzzMD said:
Are they kidding? They're saying $120,000 U.S. for the M6. Doesn't make sense compared with the M5. :eek:
Don't put too much faith in that. European prices often do not indicate U.S. prices. For example, the UK Audi S4 is about £3,000 less than the UK BMW M3. In the U.S., the S4 is only about $1,000 less than the M3.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Part of the difference probably is but that didnt stop them from being equally priced in Europe and in the US when the conversion rate was 1 USD= 1,1 EUR. Letting the price in the US stay at the same level will mean low profits for the manufacturers. I don't think you will see a giant one time price rises but probably a continuous increase over time that might be more accentuated at modelchanges(the 911 is up for one soon).

Regards/Robert:)

zzzzMD said:
I think that 30% premium reflects European VAT more than currency exchange rates. An M5 or M6 over $100K will make a 996TT more of a bargain. hmmm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts