BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to take out 2007 M6 for a spin after sitting in the garage for 6-7 days because of bad weather. After driving 10-15 minutes, I decided to turn on the M mode , BUT it doesn't engage.:nono: In fact none of the conrol buttons will light up, ie, power mode, DSC, etc. ?????? Dealer tells me it is probably related to "low battery charge, SMG really drains out the battery, etc and recommend batter recharger. Anyone with this experience?

Thanks,

M5MAX

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
I decided to take out 2007 M6 for a spin after sitting in the garage for 6-7 days because of bad weather. After driving 10-15 minutes, I decided to turn on the M mode , BUT it doesn't engage.:nono: In fact none of the conrol buttons will light up, ie, power mode, DSC, etc. ?????? Dealer tells me it is probably related to "low battery charge, SMG really drains out the battery, etc and recommend batter recharger. Anyone with this experience?

Thanks,

M5MAX

Dealer doesn't know what he is talking about, I went away for a couple of weeks just in December when it was cold. No problem.

I would recommend the following:
  • Check control messages
  • Check iDrive - to see if MDrive kept the settings
  • Charge the battery with trickle charger overnight (any brand is good)
Sounds like something electrical went because of the binary nature of your problems.

Also check the dilithium crystals which are in the rear passenger side fender well.

Good luck

Reactions: M5MAX

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I've had something similar happen to me. The control buttons weren't
lighting up. I recall that my M button still worked though. Eventually
it came back. I took it to the dealership and they replace the
SZL control module. Why this affects all these things I'm not sure.
Here's my thread from awhile back:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=93867

Edit: I should add that I'm not sure if this is your problem. I'm also
not sure if the SZL replacement was the cause of it. I do know that
I haven't had this problem since.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the info. It appears everything is OK for now. I am able to engage M mode and other buttons are in function. Hopefully, no more problems.

M5 MAX

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
It sounds like your CCC may be about to take a ****. I got mine replaced free of charge by BMW NA. This is the control computer for all of iDrive! If yours fails as others have, your iDrive will be dead in the water:( If your iDrive screen goes black at all, take it very seriously and demand a new CCC! Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts