BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
I haven't quite got used to it yet and find my eyes still wandering to the rev counter, but it is great having it directly in front of your eyes... It does take a little bit of getting used to, though, as it is not really proportional to the actual revs of the engine. Apparantly it blinks to tell you when you need to change gear, I haven't been through the first 1200 mile service so I haven't been able to go to the red line yet, but not long to go. I managed to squeeze almost 700 miles into my first day with the car yesterday so hopefully I will get through the first service sometime next week and then I'll be able to find out what it can really do... :noSMG:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Note that HUD is not standard in all markets.

For example, it is standard in the UK but optional in Belgium where the option code is 610 and the cost is an eyewatering EUR 1123.97+tax :sad1:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Once you add in the necessary options and v.a.t. there's no much in it given the current exchange rate.

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
Excellent! So we won't be flooded with a bunch of cheap imports then....! That can only help residual values.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Congrats on your new car- please give us a full report and I hope you are doing all right given recent events. Btw- IMHO every rev is one of defiance to those who would have you live by their rules.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts