BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the proud new owner of my dream alpine white M5, I was in need of a reliable mechanic in NY to look over the car to make sure I didnt make the worst purchase of my life and also just to make sure the car was safe to be on the road. I joined this forum and found George aka m5deamon over at M-Chanics to be highly recommended so I decided to pass by his shop. When i got there although he was extremely busy with some high end incredible cars, he still took the time to walk outside to see the car and at my request even took the car for a ride to make sure things were in sounding order before we set up an appointment. When I got there today, the day of my appointment, he was waiting for me and got right to work on the car. HE immediately found my exhaust on the drivers side was detached and missing both bolts. This is my third BMW, i also currently own a 14' X5 and needless to say ive been to quite a few mechanic shops. I have never had such an experience as i did today with George at M-Chanics! He treated me like he knew me for years and answered every question i had without hesitation. He made sure to inform me on the things i need to do with this car being as i am new to the M experience. I cant begin to express how much i appreciate the fact that he wasnt trying to push jobs on me instead he let me know the rod bearing job I was so desperate to do wasnt nessesary to do just yet. With the things he did do (motor oil change and diff oil) he was very precise and meticulous making sure to spray and wipe down the area of work. After he was done he put the car on the computer and ran a diagnostics of the car and figured out why my pdc wasnt working at no additional cost and what he did charge for the oil changes was more than fair. George i cant thank you enough for all that you did today. All i can say is that you have me as a loyal customer Fo Life!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Where is he located? I travel between Va and NYC often and it would be good peace of mind to know a good shop up there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Where is he located? I travel between Va and NYC often and it would be good peace of mind to know a good shop up there.
Valley Stream, NY - Border of Long Island with Queens.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He’s in Valley Stream, Ny. Basically borderline between Queens and Long Island. Luckily for me it’s only about a 20 minute drive but honestly after seeing George’s quality of work and attention to detail for both the customer and the vehicle it wouldn’t even matter how far he was. It would just be another excuse for me to drive my beast long distance!

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recently had George do an install of the Dinan throttle bodies on my 03 Beast. Starting from even making the first phone call to inquire about the job, i already knew he was the right person for the job! George was very professional, precise and most importantly knows these cars inside and out. From day one he walked me through the whole process and even pointed out other things that needed attention along the way. His workmanship speaks for itself and is very reasonable with pricing. I'm definitely a local life time costumer after my experience!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Great guy. He did my rod bearings about 2 months ago. Worked almost around the clock to have it finished before the weekend. He’s in Mineola now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
V10Beamer
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing