BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Supposedly those, custom tailored for M cars, are available in Germany. BMW M web pages show pictures yet no part numbers.
To the European Friends there: could anyone find out the part numbers for the M5?
Thank you all for taking the time to read this post.

Chris M.
Carbon M5
Silver X5

·
Registered
7 Posts
3rd try (uff!): The part number is 032 300 110.
Originally posted by Christopher M:
Supposedly those, custom tailored for M cars, are available in Germany. BMW M web pages show pictures yet no part numbers.
To the European Friends there: could anyone find out the part numbers for the M5?
Thank you all for taking the time to read this post.

Chris M.
Carbon M5
Silver X5

·
Registered
158 Posts
mine was parked outside the first few months of its life - i was very happy with the Noah cover - got it with the car from my dealer.

one word of caution: if you happen to get ice on the cover (ah, the wonders of Boston), DO NOT peel it off - let it melt or melt it. when you peel it off it'll take some of the waterproofing with it.

SAB

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I just ordered the NOAH car cover myself, because mine will be subject to California sun and parking lots for the school year (yes, I am taking it with me).

Anyone have any experience with the cover and bird crap, dings, etc? Would be most helpful.

--Dan

·
Registered
158 Posts
bf:

as to our fine feathered friends, the cover does a super job, and their "gifts" rinse right off with a good hosing (or a good rain).

no data on dings - i just park where nobody can park close to me.

one thing to keep in mind is that if you plan to use the cover regularly, you need to use it all the time. if you get whatever on the hood and then you cover the car with the cover you risk exacerbating the problem with the friction of the cover (putting it on, taking it off, etc). it's a manageable problem, but you want to be careful - even if the car is just dirty you can make matters worse if you're not careful.

SAB

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
SAB:
Thanks for the advice. I shouldn't be taking it out too often during the week. I'm actually not too keen on taking it. We'll see what happens. I should mount a video camera on the outside

I do clean the car weekly, so that should help. Do you use the lock thing at all? (Seems kinda useless to me).

--Dan

·
Registered
158 Posts
i don't use the lock thing. when i parked outside a guy in my development had a 540 that he kept covered and locked, so i considered it. in general, the hassle of threading the cable under the car was too annoying. plus you could risk scratching it up with the cable (albeit, plastic-coated).

ymmv, but i didn't see the benefit. yeah, someone could steal the cover, but you have to draw the line at some point imo.

sab

·
Registered
91 Posts
I generally only use a cover when it is for more than a day, and then a lock helps not only with theft and the curious, but also with wind. On other cars I have come back to the cover partially blown off (it may have been helped by someone taking off a corner?), but largely still in place, due to the lock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hmpf - organised an order form, number is correct!

Acc to BMW Parts guy, all parts are 11 digit.
Are you sure your number is correct?
Thanks,
CM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dont't know why I have such difficulties in posting a reply - anyway, I checked the order form for car covers and the number I quoted before is correct!
Acc to BMW Parts guy, all parts are 11 digit.
Are you sure your number is correct?
Thanks,
CM

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Acc to BMW NA, this part number is not available for ordering in the US.
I will have to order directly from a German BMW dealership, know any good ones w/ web address?
Thanks,
CM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Now - this is really getting complicated! I contacted a few German dealers, some do have a website, but you cannot order anything, welcome to Germany! The dealers themselves order the car covers from Bertelsmann, so I contacted Bertelsmann to find out, what they can do. Now I am waiting for a call from their export-department. Problem is, I'm leaving for a business trip in a couple of minutes and won't be back until next Wednesday. Hope you can wait till then, for the moment it's all I can do for you, sorry!
Acc to BMW NA, this part number is not available for ordering in the US.
I will have to order directly from a German BMW dealership, know any good ones w/ web address?
Thanks,
CM

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just my 2 cents.

My dealer friend in Germany tells me, that there are actually two covers sold by BMW which fit the 5-series. There is no M5 cover as such.

There is one for Outdoors and one for Indoors. As far as I was able to find out the Indoor version sells for just DM 95.00 which is something like $45.00

I'll get more info next week.

Gary

------------------
'99 BMW 328iC (for sale), '99 ML430, '00 BMW R1100R, '01 M5 (November)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just talked to Bertelsmann again, and they offered the following solution: I'll fax the order form for the car cover-set to you or your dealer, they simply fill it out, fax it back to Bertelsmann and get the cover...
Okay?
Very kind of you indeed! I could not wait for an M5 but I will be patient with the M Car cover!
CM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts