BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I press the M button on the stearing wheel P500 should be activaed...but mine it doesnt when i acsesses I button P400 is showing, and agian when the M button is selected, it goes to the Auto mode on the SMG.D1........am I doing something wrong?ouich
PS I only have 450 miles on the car ans the 1200 hasnt been done yet

·
Registered
120 Posts
It depends on how you have the M-Drive settings configured in the iDrive menus.

I also am under 1200 miles on my new ride, and I have not even looked at the M-Drive settings yet as I know I will miss being able to go out in to the desert and have some crazy fun until I get past the 1200 miles.

But if it is like my 2006 M5 was, you can set it up how you want regardless of the break-in period.

Right now if I press the M button is leaves it in S3, P400, DSC on, and just changes it to the M display HUD (RPM, gear and MPH). Next week when I take it in for the 1200 mile service of course this will be changed (to P500 Sport, S6, DSC off!!).

-David

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Come on guys -- this is straight from M5 101. I expect this disinformation only from the dealers:confused:

The above posts that point you to the idrive set up are spot on. However, this is NOT limited during your break in. Although it is not advisable to use S5 or S6 shift modes, asl long as you follow the other break in procedures (no full throttle, 5500 rpm max) there is not reason not to use P500. There is no computer lock out of these options. Many people have chosen to drive the car fullout from mile one. P500S, S6 can be accessed right off the bat.

Reactions: pvr and Gustav

·
Registered
125 Posts
you will not be able to access the s6 mode untill you have had your break in service
Not true. When I test drove an M6, the salesman and I set it up, but didn't engage it much, at 200 miles. That car later became my lease car and I "played" with M mode as it approached its first service.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come on guys -- this is straight from M5 101. I expect this disinformation only from the dealers:confused:

The above posts that point you to the idrive set up are spot on. However, this is NOT limited during your break in. Although it is not advisable to use S5 or S6 shift modes, asl long as you follow the other break in procedures (no full throttle, 5500 rpm max) there is not reason not to use P500. There is no computer lock out of these options. Many people have chosen to drive the car fullout from mile one. P500S, S6 can be accessed right off the bat.
Negative on the S-6 mode, just trie to acsess it and it wont let me, still have 700 miles to go before the 1200 service.......but i did pull out the charcols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:1::1::1::1::1:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I will check this Friday on my new M6 (only at 900 miles, 300 to go woo hoo!), but I seem to remember on my 06 M5 I could set the M settings in iDrive to enable S6 if I had, obviously, DSC set to off even during the break-in period. But I know I could definitely set it to S5 and MDM during break-in.

-David

·
Registered
932 Posts
Negative on the S-6 mode, just trie to acsess it and it wont let me, still have 700 miles to go before the 1200 service.......but i did pull out the charcols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:1::1::1::1::1:
Yeah i don't mean to ask the dumb question, but you had DSC completely off right? I thought on my 08 i had no problem getting to s6 but i never drove it w/ it.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yeah i don't mean to ask the dumb question, but you had DSC completely off right? I thought on my 08 i had no problem getting to s6 but i never drove it w/ it.
+1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts