BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, after my car was in the sun all day, I started the car and the M button did not work. It did not light up and did not produce the right settings. I restarted the car numerous times to no avail. The power and EDC buttons worked fine however. I was at a party and two hours later, in the early evening, I restarted the car and it worked fine. Has anybody had that problem? Does it have to do with ambient temperature and overheated engine compartment?

·
Registered
991 Posts
To be honest with you it seems like it would be a heat thing even though it should be able to withstand the heat. Everynow and then weird electronic things happen. One time I was driving my volvo back from Oklahoma and the power kept shutting off, did it like 5 or 6 times and then never did it again. Just hope its a one time thing and if it happens again hopefully it will follow the same pattern so you know its not a big deal.

Reactions: gable66

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yesterday, after my car was in the sun all day, I started the car and the M button did not work. It did not light up and did not produce the right settings. I restarted the car numerous times to no avail. The power and EDC buttons worked fine however. I was at a party and two hours later, in the early evening, I restarted the car and it worked fine. Has anybody had that problem? Does it have to do with ambient temperature and overheated engine compartment?
Do you have comfort access? Reason I ask is because the only time this happened to me was when my wife had her key in her purse and the car actually read her setting's instead of mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts