BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about the possibility of having the M-audio subs wired to a non-DSP system,does anyone have an experience in this? is it possible,and if so what is required to have it work ?
Thanks

·
Registered
585 Posts
i think you would at least have to reconfigure the speaker wires as the layout looks different
not sure if the dsp m audio amp pushes more than the regular dsp amp,i have here regular dsp
m audio type dsp amp and regular buisness amp and all pin out different.

·
Registered
585 Posts
just had a look as well,the rear shelf speaker wires have 2 sets per side ie bigger push in connector 4 wires not just 2.
rear subs have a different loom connector. cant see the fronts properly.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just had a look as well,the rear shelf speaker wires have 2 sets per side ie bigger push in connector 4 wires not just 2.
rear subs have a different loom connector. cant see the fronts properly.
I notice that the m-audio subs have a 4 pin connection,and i guess the regular non-dsp amp has only 2 wires? if so,is it possible to split these 2 into 4 so that it can fit in the m-audio subs' connector?

·
Registered
585 Posts
the m audio speakers have voice coils the little tweeter in the middle thus the 2 extra wires.
dsp rear regular dont so unless you add or tap from another source that part wont work.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I was wondering about the possibility of having the M-audio subs wired to a non-DSP system,does anyone have an experience in this? is it possible,and if so what is required to have it work ?
Thanks
You'd might as well get the bsw speaker upgrade kit. Less work, loads better than factory speakers and probably cheaper.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Is the rear deck pre-drilled to accomodate the speakers?

I have the M-audio speakers. It's acceptable, but nothing spectacular. It's just enough bass that you know its there, but not so much that you'll ever think there is a ton of bass. But when you have no subs at all, anything is an improvement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts