BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a couple of questions.
1) Does the new M5 have a stereo system equal to or greater then the E39 M5 with M audio upgrade?

2) What tires does the new M5 have?

3) Does the new M5 have the same "seat of the pants" feel when you really get on the gas?

JDS M5

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
JDS M5 said:
1) Does the new M5 have a stereo system equal to or greater then the E39 M5 with M audio upgrade?

3) Does the new M5 have the same "seat of the pants" feel when you really get on the gas?

JDS M5
The E60 M5 has the Logic7 system as an option, the same as the 5 series system. This is probably the best OEM car stereo system available today.

·
Registered
943 Posts
JDS M5 said:

JDS M5
1) Much better IMO. Logic 7 it´s called. Clearer sound. More powerful.

2) Continental Sport Contact 2 285 + 255

3) More responsive, more feedback, much better steering, more nimble.
Excellent chassi setting.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cidair said:
1) Much better IMO. Logic 7 it´s called. Clearer sound. More powerful.

2) Continental Sport Contact 2 285 + 255

3) More responsive, more feedback, much better steering, more nimble.
Excellent chassi setting.
Thanks for the information. how do you like the Silverstone II? What interior and options did you choose?

JDS M5

·
Registered
703 Posts
what manufacturer makes the Logic 7 ?

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Harmon owns Lexicon.

http://www.harmanspecialtygroup.com/

http://www.lexicon.com/

Logic 7 is very good processing. IMHO only Meridian's Trifield is better.

In the 7, the L7 system is excellent for an OEM system. Its a little too bassy out of the box- a little retuning is all thats required. I also think the speakers are pretty mediocre and just changing them would produce big improvements.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Cool! kind of glad it is not Bose...

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
While am not a huge fan of Bose, they do make some interesting things. For example I love my QuietComfort noise canceling headphones. They do wonders on airplanes. Now Bose is has an experimental auto suspension! :eek:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I was pretty impressed with the L7 system too. Of course, this is coming just from test drives. Once the car is delivered, do they unlock more sound settings, like pre-configured ones? There were only two listed in the menu.

I totally agree that out of the box, the system is pretty off in terms of EQ settings. Unfortunately, I had forgotten my CD case, so I didn't have my favorite music to tune the settings with. Ah well, a few more months to go, price permitting.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
(1) The Logic 7 is much better than the old M-Audio in the E39. The best thing is the subs are under the front seats and not in the boot (trunk) which makes the E60 boot so much bigger - good job BMW

(2) Continental ContiSports on the one we drove this weekend. They will probably go with Michelins as the second supplier but you CANNOT choose which brand you want

(3) Just two words for you..... Launch Control kinggf lovelove

1 - 12 of 12 Posts