BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a way to adjust the gain on the microphone on the M5 hands free operation ? Everone I call says they can barely hear me when I use hands free but can hear me fine once I pick up the handset.

------------------

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am having the same problem with BOTH the phone in my M5 and X5. I have the X5 in the shop as we speak and will update you. The hands free ability is a must with the stick shift and I love all other aspects of the phones operation. The steering wheel controls are especially useful- just need it to work better!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't know if this is the same problem as yours. Everyone was complaing they could't hear me but I could hear them fine. They all said they heard a sound like air blowing thru an open window. The dealer replaced the mic in the headliner and even took the foam baffling out. Still no good! then one day will driving and talking on the phone I addjusted the center vent to blow on me cause it was hot in the car. Bingo; the person on the other end of the phone said it now sounded perfect and loud. The air was blowing on the mic causing interference. maybe this will help you.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Doug K:
I don't know if this is the same problem as yours. Everyone was complaing they could't hear me but I could hear them fine. They all said they heard a sound like air blowing thru an open window. The dealer replaced the mic in the headliner and even took the foam baffling out. Still no good! then one day will driving and talking on the phone I addjusted the center vent to blow on me cause it was hot in the car. Bingo; the person on the other end of the phone said it now sounded perfect and loud. The air was blowing on the mic causing interference. maybe this will help you.
Following the advise of a BMW NA tech rep I snapped the microphone grill out of the headliner and removed the microphone so I could peel off the foam tape covering the mic. After reinstalling everything my hands free operation worked 100% better. now people can hear me when I talk without my having to shout or repeat everything I say several time. Its a quick free fix that really works.

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts