BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the First Aid kit for my M-5 that comes standard in Euro cars. It mounts under the front of the passenger seat. It is a very good kit with enough supplies to treat a small army. It comes in black or gray to match up with most interiors. I had to order it from a BMW dealer in the U.K. because my U.S. dealer said it was not available here. Its worth the $35.00 it cost. If you order it be sure you order the mounting bracket too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My U.S. 2000 M5 came with a small first aid kit that comes in a small black leather case. It was in the trunk when I took delivery. I stuck it in the small space between the CD changer and amp.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I received mine on delivery but did not know that it should fit under the front seat. Has anyone had their dealer offer to install it under the seat or offer to provide the brackets?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by TC:
I received mine on delivery but did not know that it should fit under the front seat. Has anyone had their dealer offer to install it under the seat or offer to provide the brackets?
The one I'm speaking of is in a hard plastic box that has a cross on it that permanently mounts under the front passenger seat on a bracket so it can be pulled up and out and after use snapped back in.

------------------

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Veritis:
My U.S. 2000 M5 came with a small first aid kit that comes in a small black leather case. It was in the trunk when I took delivery. I stuck it in the small space between the CD changer and amp.
No the one I ordered and installed myself is in a hard plastic box with a cross on it that permanently mounts under the passenger seat. It can be snapped out to use and then snapped back in.

------------------

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Our '98 540i came with the first-aid kit and brackets on the front of the passenger seat. This was a Euro Delivery car.

We were warned when we picked up the car to take the first-aid kit with us and pack it in our luggage; if we left it in the car it and its brackets would be removed before the car was delivered in the US.

Our M5 (also Euro Delivery earlier this year) did not come with the first aid kit and brackets; I was surprised by this. When I asked, they ran around looking for the parts, couldn't find one, finally grabbed a big square plastic box-type kit and tucked it in the right rear fender behind the fuse panel.

I might consider getting the seat-mounted kit at some point - it's nice.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Parkerfe,

Could you post which UK dealer you ordered from and the relevant part numbers? I'd like to order the kit.

Thanks,

ALX

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by ALX:
Parkerfe,

Could you post which UK dealer you ordered from and the relevant part numbers? I'd like to order the kit.

Thanks,

ALX
Go to www.bmwinternational.com . Then go to the UK website from there. Then go to BMWlifestyle section and you can order it from there. I did not have a part number I just requested the First Aid Kit for the e-39 M5.

------------------

1 - 10 of 10 Posts