BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I really don't understand your question (english isn't my mother tongue).
Do you mean luxury edition of the M5: Full leather, Alcantara, Comfort Seats vs Sports seats, al trim etc.
I think that the M5 (any) is a luxury car that beats most sports cars.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i meant ,

some have wood trim and plush seats, and then some have the Alu type trim and the Sport seats.

also some have different steering wheels and so on.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm sure with a quick search you can come up with pictures of the complete leather interior vs. sport / standard interior.

I prefer the complete leather interior where everything is either wood, leather, or Alcantara.

It really comes down to what you want. The non-complete leather interior looks sportier with the Aluminum trim and two-tone seats. However when I bought I figured if I was going to spend all this money it should have dead cow on everything I could touch. Plus, I really like the look of the complete leather caramel interior.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
LOL - Dead cow everywhere. I agree. I too love the look of the caramel full leather interior (or as some on this board persits in spelling it: CAMEL... dead camel...)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
i have sport interior how ever i wish i could have the sport interior seats with a dead cow everywhere else with alumin trim

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
maybe its just the pre 01 dash layout i dont like ... u know the one with the tape!!!!

All have hidden tape deck, but pre '01 had a 4x3 screen; newer have 16x9. The 4x3 lux interior had the fake wood around the 4x3 cover; the 16x9 does not, it is simply black.

There was a recent thread showing the different interiors, do a search, I am sure you can find it from the last few days.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
oh allright , i thought they flipped down.

how about another head unit upfront?
'01+ head unit opens and exposes the hidden tape deck; 4x3 was out in the open.

You can replace the head unit, but there is a fair amount involved. All the 'guts" are in the trunk/boot, the "head unit" is simply the screen for display.

Do a search, there have been some "head unit" upgrades and I believe some guys have kept the DSP.

Also check out board sponsor BSW for stereo upgrades and info.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is there a noticeable hardness difference between the sport and the lux? or do they just look abit different?

·
Registered
377 Posts
is there a noticeable hardness difference between the sport and the lux? or do they just look abit different?
The sport interior reminded me a lot of the standard 5 series interior where the luxury / full leather interior was just that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts