BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the torquing specs for the Beast?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
88 ft lbs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Would it be the same for the AC Schnitzer Type III Racing wheel?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. This board is such a great resource with knowledgeable people. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I generally just tighten them as much a humanly possible with the lug wrench. I then slip a 6' piece of pipe over the lug wrench handle and torque them until I hear a small crack from each one. ;)

TexasM5

·
Registered
590 Posts
TexasM5 said:
I generally just tighten them as much a humanly possible with the lug wrench. I then slip a 6' piece of pipe over the lug wrench handle and torque them until I hear a small crack from each one. ;)

TexasM5
Texas you must have learn that technique from the local Tire Hut. :haha:

Joe

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
TexasM5 said:

TexasM5
Easier to just jump on the end of the pipe...

Reminds me of the rear wheel/axle nut on old VW bugs... 30mm nut, 324 ftlbs. If you didn't have a wrench, use a big chisel and a 2 lb hammer- just smack the crap out of it. EXACTLY 324 ftlbs.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Hilarious

TexasM5 said:

TexasM5
I'm new here and need to buy some wheel locks, and in looking at torque specs and trying to figure out what I need to get came across your post from last year. And I'm still laughing. Good one!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hawkwind said:
I'm new here and need to buy some wheel locks, and in looking at torque specs and trying to figure out what I need to get came across your post from last year. And I'm still laughing. Good one!
If you are looking for wheel locks, I'd recommend RAD locks or McGard Ultra High Security locks.

The RAD locks are available from www.prestigewheel.com. The McGard locks, last time I checked, were not imported to the USA.

The Ultra High Security lock is a newer lock, introduced about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. It's NOT their standard lock, it's a much better and harder design to get off, so if you look at McGard, make sure they are Ultra High Security models. Check out the picture:

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/images/hires/6218.jpg?PHPSESSID=3461a964d77c75e693a7b530d1467497

They have a spinning ring on them.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
HDClown said:
The Ultra High Security lock is a newer lock, introduced about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago. It's NOT their standard lock, it's a much better and harder design to get off, so if you look at McGard, make sure they are Ultra High Security models.
Yes, they're at Beastpower
http://www.beastpower.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BMI&Product_Code=MC-BEA-BOLTS-STD-255
The text at this link says get the 25.5 mm length for stock setup, which I assume is correct for front 18x8 and back 18x9.5 wheels. More expensive than the Rad locks at the Prestige site, but I assume you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I've got a set of BBS wheel locks if anyone is interested. Will post on the classifieds section soon. PM me if interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts