BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello community:
I've been a member of the forum since acquiring my 2007 E63 6 speed M6 in 04/2018. I had to replace the throttle actuators, VANOS oil lines, new tires, WPC bearings (of course), did a complete brake disc/pad replacement just because the car was at the shop, and in the process installed APE headers. Just purchased a set of (used) BIG brake calipers and rotors (Rotora 380 X 36 mm 8 piston front/4 piston rear). That's my next warm weekend project. And I've already started conversations with Lang Racing to install sleeved pistons.

Meanwhile , I enjoy reading the forum... there's only one sad note: all I read are sad stories about blown engines, spun bearings, broken SMG's.
Is there a following that can relate to having a dream supercar that is reliable, comfortable, super fun to drive, and will make your hair stand on end every time you drive it? I've put 20,000 miles of joyful driving, even "funning" with an occasional wannabe on the highway (when it's empty and safe, of course), so far it's the BEST car I've owned, and I've had Ferraris, Porsches, Mercedes, etc. (I'm not counting small block Mustangs and Challengers from the 1970's.)

Every time I pull into my office garage somebody want to hear the engine rev...up to 6000, that's all that's allowed.
Can somebody post good happy stories?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love mines only had two issues... the one mentioned in my post above and a transmission module thing that cost £260 direct from Germany...

Gonna do the bearings very soon... Love this car, had her for 4 years and plan to keep for the foreseeable...

Gonna get a 720s but this is staying,.... as it sound even better, seats 4 and still does 200... The last BMW with a V10 and a coupe body... Will never not be legendary...

Not a car to be ran or owned on its own (Will sap the fun quick) but as a 2nd 3rd or 4th... NOTHING LIKE IT!!!

Its basically a rwd Lambo with a BMW body.... lol...

I've done everything in it and love it....

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,464 Posts
I’m going on 10 years and 172,000+ miles of groceries, kid hauling, road trips, and track days. No problems on my s85! I think having a 3rd pedal helps!

·
Registered
2016 750i, 2010 M6
141 Posts
I wanted an E63 M6 since 2006 when I was visiting Dubai and saw one for the first time in person. In 2008 I decided to get serious after the LCI refresh, but given the depreciation on the 06, I figure I can be patient for 2 more years. So I looked and looked almost daily for over 3 years because I only wanted a very low mile Silverstone on full leather Silverstone and man were those hard to find.

Finally in early 2012 I found a 2010 with 11k mikes and it was meant be.

I have a 2016 750i m-sport individual and a 2015 M235, but my M6 is my keeper car. My 5 year old knows it’s his when he turns 18. He gets mad at me when I drive it (once in a great while)...”hey, you’re driving my car.”

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2007 is a Silverstone exterior/interior car as well. I have 3 pedals. And a shifter. Mine is a daily driver, pushing 91,000 miles.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what little I've read, and please excuse my ignorance on supercharging, you will be pushing your bearings just TOO FAR !!
You may end up needing bearing changes much sooner. If you want HP, think going stroker kit. Lang Racing goes up to 600+ hp normally aspirated, and they do it with a solid warranty.
You can get close to 800 hp from the engine, but you will need a complete engine rebuild very soon!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts