BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would owering springs void factory warranty? Also how do the affect the edc? Does it throw any codes? Was thinking about selling my M5, but I'm not getting a whole lot of inquiries, so it looks like I'll be keeping it and like the lower stance better. Any info will help... Thanks.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
some stealers will void your suspension warranty...especially for the shocks...no codes...EDC still works....most say that the settings are all one step stiffer than previous...also search is your friend...gustav has taken care of that for you...just scroll to the bottom of this page for related threads

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
some stealers will void your suspension warranty...especially for the shocks...no codes...EDC still works....most say that the settings are all one step stiffer than previous...also search is your friend...gustav has taken care of that for you...just scroll to the bottom of this page for related threads
Thanks

·
Registered
977 Posts
Anyone have factory euro springs please advise colour in rear. I purchased my car with eibach pro kit but only the fronts are black with eibach whereas the rear springs are navy blue...

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Hmmm, they should all be black!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer cannot void your entire warranty with just a suspension upgrade, they won't cover repairs to aftermarket suspension but it does not void the vehicles entire warranty.
So if I change the springs only... Would it void warranty on my factory shocks?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Lowering springs would stress out your shocks and wear them faster.

Better go for KWs.
Not that much faster.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts