BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm going to lower my car and was looking at two lowering springs one from RD sport and the other from H&R, I would choose the RD sport since it lowers the car more but i was wondering if anyone has one of these springs or knows someone that does and can give me a review on them. Will it ruin my stock M5 shocks overtime, will the lowering spring become less stiff overtime etc...

I'm going to get a set of vertini magic wheels 20x9.5 255/35/20 front and 20x10 285/30/20 rear

·
Registered
407 Posts
H&R SPORT will not blow shocks. IIRC, the stiffness for EDC feels just a step up from the the previous setting. So, EDC 1 feels like 2. :wroom:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
H&R SPORT will not blow shocks. IIRC, the stiffness for EDC feels just a step up from the the previous setting. So, EDC 1 feels like 2. :wroom:
Thanks, I might get those if the RD sport ones are out of stock. Do you know if the RD sport will ruin the shocks and the quality of them, like will they lose there stiffness over time and cornering?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Idk, I can't really help you there. IMO, it's like HRE and DPE when it comes to wheels. Both are pro and worth it, but HRE just has more of a name; in this case it's H&R. I've never seen or held an RD sport spring so we you'll have to wait for some1 who was em to reply :typing:

The lower you go, though, the faster your dampeners will wear.

·
Registered
983 Posts
This is a picture of my car with the H&R springs on 19"s. I can't really comment on the ride, before and after, as I bought the car with them on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
oh ok i thanks for the replies, I got the H&R sport springs, and 20" wheels, cant wait till next tuesday when i finally install them at Sonic :)
Yeah, the drop will be nice, low enough and not too overstated. IMO, a SLAMMED E60 looks horrible -- makes the back wheel look so tiny lol

GL w/ install :wrench:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Nice...

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hey messex, what % and kind of tint do you have? Car looks great.
Thanks - Unfortunately I don't know. The car came with it already tinted, which I too like. I don't know the % or kind though. Sorry!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts