BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I ordered some B&G S2 lowering springs going to install them on factory shocks/struts. What should I expect to pay labor wise? I tried searching but came up empty

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hey everyone, I ordered some B&G S2 lowering springs going to install them on factory shocks/struts. What should I expect to pay labor wise? I tried searching but came up empty
I believe the book suggest 6-8 hours of labor. If you can DIY, it's not too difficult. Or, if you have a friend who knows how to DIY, it'll save you some coin. I think I paid ~$600 in 2008 when installing my PSS9.

·
Registered
848 Posts
coilovers are significantly easier to install, and of course location dictates the labor $/hour but i would expect something in the $600-$1000 price range.

·
Registered
314 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, I paid between $400-500 at my local shop for the install.

Great springs, by the way. Seemed to tighten up the car quite significantly. I prefer the ride now, even in everyday commuting scenarios.

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5
1,368 Posts
Don't pay more than $500-$600, I would be worried about taking it to any shop though, I would want someone whose careful when removing the back seat and deck. Call a few shops and ask if they have experience with the E39.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts