BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen this on other boards, thought it might be cool to make it easier to know who we spot. I am starting to see a lot more E39's but only know of about 10 of you guys on the board. Everytime I spot an M5 i always try to see who it is and give a freindly wave, but a lot of the times, I cant. Lets keep this thread on topic and free of irrelevant posts!

Anyways we can start it out like this:

Name (First is fine)
Area (Vancouver, Chiliwack, Abbotsford, etc)
Year/Color/Car
Anything unique to spot you (different wheels)

I guess ill start:

Chris
Surrey/Delta/Vancouver
2000 Alpine White M5
Volk CE28N 19" Wheels and Silverstone interior. The wheels are black with a red stripe. You'll know its me if you see it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Glad you took the leadership role by creating this thread, Chris.

I often spot a black E39 M5 heading to Downtown on Lions Gate Bridge at sevenish early in the morning. Hope he visits here.

Don't forget to check out and register in our Vancouver M5 social club here at this site.

Victor
Vancouver
2001 Imola Red M5
Bone stock
You will probably spot me only on nice dry days

·
Registered
301 Posts
Bored eh, Chris? :D ok i'll bite.

Davin
North Delta/Surrey/Vancouver/etc. (yeah I'm that famous...)
2003 Titanium Silver E39 M5
Black ///M5 badge on the trunk lid, lots of carbon fiber goodies such as: Kidney Grilles, rear diffuser, trunk spoiler, emblems, Smoke tint windows, White Angel Eyes, Custom License Plates, Muffler deletes (read: it's friggen loud)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I guess i should do this too...

Harry Madan
Surrey | Lower Mainland
2003 Carbon Black (with custom tan/black leather) {so i have been told}
New to the BMW world, so no mods yet.
Lots to come in due time...
But first i need to re-paint the front end as this car been drive to Alberta and has lots of rock chips. (Hopefully January)

·
Registered
301 Posts
I guess i should do this too...

Harry Madan
Surrey | Lower Mainland
2003 Carbon Black (with custom tan/black leather) {so i have been told}
New to the BMW world, so no mods yet.
Lots to come in due time...
But first i need to re-paint the front end as this car is from Alberta and has lots of rock chips. (Hopefully January)
it's caramel leather... a standard color option for the interior on these cars. Oh and nice to have another M5 in town who hasn't had its face drilled to mount a front plate :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks for the welcome... I don't understand why we need a front plate.

The side plate is an easy edition and $5 job at the most. it comes off easy and leaves no marks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks for the welcome... I don't understand why we need a front plate.

The side plate is an easy edition and $5 job at the most. it comes off easy and leaves no marks.
Chris and I both have motorized Hide away plates installed on our cars under the front bumper, sadly, both of us broke ours and haven't bothered to replace them as they can still be hidden away manually if we decide to :D

I would totally go for one of those front side tow hook plate mounts but my car has PDC and I know the front side mounted plate would just cause the PDC to shriek at me and my passengers anytime I activated that system thus I won't be going that route. I really like where my cars plate sits, took some work to get it the way I wanted though and the frame wasn't cheap and I'm really dreading buying another, takes one small run in with a low drive way or pulling too far into a parking stall with a curb stop thing in it (thats how I broke the motor on my mount).

The one I'm talking about is this...

they also make a manual model which is way more affordable but not quite as cool but I am sure it wouldn't break like the motorized one would

·
Registered
135 Posts
Chris and I both have motorized Hide away plates installed on our cars under the front bumper, sadly, both of us broke ours and haven't bothered to replace them as they can still be hidden away manually if we decide to :D

I would totally go for one of those front side tow hook plate mounts but my car has PDC and I know the front side mounted plate would just cause the PDC to shriek at me and my passengers anytime I activated that system thus I won't be going that route. I really like where my cars plate sits, took some work to get it the way I wanted though and the frame wasn't cheap and I'm really dreading buying another, takes one small run in with a low drive way or pulling too far into a parking stall with a curb stop thing in it (thats how I broke the motor on my mount).

The one I'm talking about is this...

they also make a manual model which is way more affordable but not quite as cool but I am sure it wouldn't break like the motorized one would

I have parking sensors too, but u can mount it so the plate shows up right blow the sensors. On that note i did not know something like that was available. I know i tried creating something of that on my old car but did not have too much success so dropped the idea. ever since then i have been doing them on the side with the tow hook.

I like this idea much better... Non I want this!!!!

thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you can make a tow hook one that hangs lower an looks ok I'd give it a try but am super happy with the mount I have. I remember jt2ma1 (chris) made a mount by attaching brackets to the two big torx bolts that hold the bumper on, they're visible if you look under the bumper just above the opening for the lower air grille.

I'm willing to remove the motorized mount I have if you figure we can reverse engineer it a bit to perhaps make our own with perhaps a stronger servo motor as currently the plate takes 5-6 seconds to fully extend or retract, its fairly simple, uses a small electric motor like in an rc car and some metal wire with a hinged pivot that runs on a track. Sadly if you tug on the wire or the frame gets bent (due to hitting something) the motor decides to never work right again. Mine could be fixed but the plate gets stuck retracting half way due to the bent track and after that won't extract unless pulled on.

Btw: sorry we hijacked your thread chris. Haha. :D

I have parking sensors too, but u can mount it so the plate shows up right blow the sensors. On that note i did not know something like that was available. I know i tried creating something of that on my old car but did not have too much success so dropped the idea. ever since then i have been doing them on the side with the tow hook.

I like this idea much better... Non I want this!!!!

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts