BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -- does anyone know where I can find one of these? It's part number: 12121312436 and NLA. I tried Pelican, but they couldn't find one.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Meh. I came to the conclusion this year that it is just money and that I will make the car right without going nuts. In over a year I have yet to spend any money on labour thanks to all the great folks here and over at BFC. Get the stuff you need/are missing while you can.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Also, FYI, according to my local BMW Parts department:

- There are none of these lower ignition covers available in dealer inventory anywhere in the US
- They are showing NLA / Discontinued in the parts system
- There are none on backorder anywhere in the US

I have seen this happen with some parts on E30 M3’s, as well. Apparently, BMW will obviously not fill orders for NLA parts, but if there are sufficient back orders on a particular part, they do look at re-producing the NLA part. It has happened with some items, including E30 M3-specific tools like the spark plug tool for the S14 engine.

So... if anyone else wants one of these, we can put together a big order through a BMW dealer. I’ll take the lead if we need someone to run the communications with the dealership, since I’m stubborn.... ;)

Other option is, maybe there are some in Europe...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts