BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how much petrol is left in the tank once the warning light comes on. I would guess about 1.5 gallons but the needle does not reach the lowest mark when it comes on. Will check the computer for miles left next time but always suspicious about how accurate this really is. Seem to be getting 20mpg on super unleaded but only done 1600 miles with no town use so expect this to drop a bit.

Sorry for rambling.

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
well, I drove into the petrol station once and the light came on right when I was pulling in... I filled up nearly 64litres.... so I guess the warning light comes on at 10% remaining?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got in my car this morning and the light was on. As I pulled out of the driveway the chime rang and the display showed 31 miles left. I drove about 5 miles to the gas station and filled up the car but it only took 17+ gallons of gas ???

·
Registered
620 Posts
I believe Reserve is 2 gallons but the light comes on when there is about 3 gallons left. The warning system gets more accurate after some freeway miles. My practice is if I've been cruising(~70mph) for a while and the light comes on, I'd go get gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts