BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car in for service the other day. Up on the hoist was the rear of a Brand New looking Jet Black E39 M5.

Talked with the dealership's service manager, trying to find out who the lucky new owner is.

Apparently, the guy is NOT that lucky. The service manager took me to the service bay and showed me the front of the car.

RHS fully scratched, front bumper falling off, LHS completely dented, substantial damage to the frame.

The odometer reads 15km. Apparently, when this poor beast crossed the ocean, the railway guy decide to take it out for a spin, test driving the 400hp power. Got caught, panicked, tried to out run the cops, ended up driving into a fence, went through it and had a 3ft free fall.

Imagine if the railway crew would have sneaked by, done his joy ride, the odometer should still be below 20km.

Hmm, I got mine at 26km, making me worry

P.S. Beware, there is a badly damaged and dealer-repaired "Brand New" M5 out there for sale. Check for full disclosure if you are not buying from an authorized BMW dealership.

P.P.S. As for the unlucky guy, BMW is rushing to produce another Jet Black for him to ensure it's brand new from FACTORY, he just has to wait a little longer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow! At least the dealer did the right thing by ordering the customer a new M5 rather than trying to fix and hand over that one.

- TheTooth

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
I thought I had it bad when mine came in with two incorrect options! At least it only had eight miles on the odometer.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I dont know what the deal in Canada is, but I remember reading something about the US. When the car comes off the boat, if theres something like up to $800 in damage, they can fix the car there, and sell it as new- a friend bought a new Nissan and I looked at the front bumper and I saw this "orange peel" as well as overspreay and the dealer swore up and down it was never in an accident- yet it clearly was (or at least was repainted) now thats cosmetic- a bent frame is killer- ever bend a fork and try to bend it back? if you bend a frame with these unibody designs- just get it driving and then sell it.

moral of the story- dont assume, when you get your new car, give it a good inspection.

ME

1 - 6 of 6 Posts