BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here had issues with the front spoiler being too low?
Parking lots with stop curbs and parking garage entrances would seem to be the worst enemies.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Be greatful - you aren't in SF downtown!

I expected front spoiler to be a big thing to worry about.
Well - my Audi A6'99 - is worse than 2000M5!

Plus - there is some kind of plate undernith of M5 front - it should safe you in some cases.

Vas,
08/00'M5 Silverstone/Sport

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here's an effective trick that I've used with lots of low spoiler cars (including my really low Ferrari). Park your car a safe distance from the tire stop or any cruncher you are trying to avoid (keep moving car up until you are satisfied with the clearance). Get back in the car and assume the normal driving position. Now just turn your head to look out at the right hand rearview mirror. Note where the next curb over is with respect to your mirror. For me its right under the bottom of the mirror. Now when I park, I just look over under the right mirror until I see the curb or (whatever) just "touch" the bottom and I'm automatically a save distance from the obstruction. Try it, with practice you'll be a pro. Obviously, it only works if the right hand parking space is empty!

·
Registered
765 Posts
thanks Dave,
i'll try it this way right tomorrow, because i've already had quite a number of unexpected contacts with curbs

------------------
SL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts