BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently installed lowering springs cause the front air dam to get scratched up on steep driveways and speed bumps. Any one else experienced this?

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Don't have the springs, one reason is that exact issue. The regular setup is probably bad enough, but with the springs, I imagine the slightest incline would cause scraping. Setting EDC to 'sport' may lessen some of the front end dive, but I think it's the price you'll have to pay for better cornering and making the car look more bad-***:)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Scooby M Cinco said:
Recently installed lowering springs cause the front air dam to get scratched up on steep driveways and speed bumps. Any one else experienced this?
I have the springs and the Hartge spoiler, resulting in very low clearance. I have to go up and down steep grades slow and sideways. Sometimes it is a hassle, but I guess I am used to it by now.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Certain road undulations make the car pitch front to back, and it causes it to scrape. Also, I have scraped the front once while traveling at highway speeds going over certain dips.

I love how it looks though.

'Rocket

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
A little scraping sometimes - you learn how to avoid it. Nothing that is visible unless you look under the car. Knowing what I know now, I would definitely do it over again.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have the H&R springs and Hartge front splitter and I have to be careful with steep inclines and parking bumpers. Right after I got them installed I scraped the front a couple times, but you get used to it quickly.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Do H&R springs really make a difference? With the three settings and the way I drive at the moment, stock seems great! I've driven 7's all my life so this beast feels wonderful! Are H&R's really for those who track alot? Don't get me wrong, I'm in the triple digits more often than not. What would springs do for me?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Lower center of gravity provides better handling. A little stiffer all the way around means less body roll. Visually, a BIG improvement. It's definitely not for everyone, but it is probably one of the most common modifications, right up there with wheels and exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts