BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the group buy lighting kit from umnitza which included predator ice, low beam hid bulbs, and fog light hid retro fit.

The predator ice and fog light install went smoothly. For the low beam bulbs, I got them installed no problem after finding a DIY on this site.

My problem occurs when I try to turn on the low beams, the light would flash several times and not ignite. If i turned the light switch on and off several times, they would eventually light. Going back and forth with umnitza, they told me the connector plug to the hid bulb needed to have the pins adjusted and said that was the reason the lights would not work.

So i went ahead and bent the pins and had the headlights out of the car atleast 5 times trying to get this figured out. Same thing every time. It finally got to the point where a piece of the connector plug broke off due to manipulating it too many times to get them to work. Even after the piece was partially broken, the stock bulbs work no problem.

Anyways, I contacted umnitza last weekend through both PM and through there web site and did not get a response to questions I had... Even after follow up PM's and emails...

So I figured I would try the board as their customer service seems to stop once the item is purchased.

Has anyone had a similar experience with the hid lights flashing when attempting to turn them on?

I have 0 problems with the stock bulbs in place. Does anyone has any insight on hid lights and what my options might be?

I am now stuck with 6k fogs, 6k angel eyes and 4.5k low beams... Pretty much defeats the purpose of buying the kit if the colors are going to be mismatched.

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 6000K low beam upgrade from Umnitza. I've called twice with no real solutions.

I've used electrical contact cleaner, Di-electric grease, adjusted metal contacts, and checked the contacts on the back of the lights.

The only way they will turn on is if I manually disconnect the plug leading into the igniter and then jiggling it till it comes on.

Any one else chime in about what I could try to remedy this problem?

Do fault codes (i.e. check side lighting) affect the way the standard lighting system operates? Do I need to clear codes first?

·
Registered
613 Posts
i am now having the same issue...but i guess..no..one..else..is.... :( HELP!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
you guys just realized that umnitza sucks? i stopped dealing with them long ago, and would never buy jack $hit from them. but anyway, lets start here. what parts exactly did you guys get in regard to the low beam hid's. just bulbs, or the ballasts/ignitors also?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts