BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, can someone please shed some light (no pun intended) on this for me? I own an 06 M5 and cant get low beam on one headlight, i have swapped bulbs and ballasts, so i know its not that, i have checked all fuses, high beam works and when i swap headlights around it works, so it has to be something in the headlight itself, is there something im missing as far as servicable parts go?? or am i up for a new one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless car has been coded the low and high are the same bulb. When you say high beam, are you talking about flash to pass?
Dont know about it being coded, the projector bulb wont work but when i push the stalk forward the halogen comes on, as the insulation around the wiring is falling off i have just purchased new aftermarket ones, thanks for replying tho.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I’ve coded mine to have the halogens as my high beams, then I replaced them with leds. You definitely have a problem with the wiring in the headlight itself. But Unless you’ve check to see if there’s power at the headlight itself, I wouldn’t assume anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve coded mine to have the halogens as my high beams, then I replaced them with leds. You definitely have a problem with the wiring in the headlight itself. But Unless you’ve check to see if there’s power at the headlight itself, I wouldn’t assume anything.
Thanks bro, so i guess mine has been coded by previous owner, but i just swapped the headlights from the other side and it worked fine, so it must be the light itself, good excuse for an upgrade i suppose.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish, already replaced hid bulbs, lighters, ballasts, adaptive control modules, ahh well. New ones dont have adaptive funtion but i dont want that anyway so i will code that out.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Some of the aftermarket headlights do look amazing. Without ahl one less thing to pop up on dash. Lol. My drivers headlight fills with water, so I understand your frustration. I’ve tried to replicate but can’t get it to do it with the hose, close the hood and wash the car, instant water in the housing. I’ve fix wiring in those housing before, it is a fixable problem. Just a pain in the butt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts