BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like I'll be driving a Corsa for the week - as that's the cheapest I can find - as some scrote has been doing a bit of weight-saving on my car.

Looks like the window-film stopped them getting in properly, as I had to use my welder's gloves to prize some of it off. Didn't notice the door lock until I'd finished cleaning up all the glass :mad:

I think I'll set up the camera tonight to take 1 shot a second of the area around the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They either thought they could steal the car, or it was just vandalism - nothing in there to steal.

Window will take up to a week to get from RAC Autoglass, but at least it will only cost me £50 (for the glass), and most of the cost of the hire car will be offset by the reduced fuel bill of a 1.0L engine :haha:

Also found out where my PSF/SLS fluid was leaking from - it's the main pipe that comes from the fluid reservoir out to the front of the grille and back to the PS pump. €74 in Germany, £78 here :grrrr:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I feel for you too - at least they didnt do any damage inside the car or any panel damage hopefully. With any luck the little ****ers will remove themselves from the gene pool soon enough.

Cos they went for the quarterglass my thoughts would be they were trying to nick it - doesnt look so obvious when driving that its been nicked but I'd have thought they didnt think about the deadlocks on the car or didnt know.

Hope it gets sorted soon - im paranoid about mine being on driveway to the extent I have a webcam running 24/7 recording front of our house and any little scrotes that wander around. Most kids nowadays wouldnt even recognise our cars for what they are - I'm always getting comments why did I put an M5 badge on my car, they seem to think only the e39 and e60 came in M5 flavour.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Damn that makes my blood boil too...

I've not mentioned it before on this board, but in September last year, on a Friday evening around 9pm, 3 hooded scroats in a Vauxhall Carlton, put a slide hammer into the door lock of the Alpina, got in, opened the bonnet, ripped the cables out of my screaming alarm siren, prized off the steering collumn cowl and popped the rear light for good measure, all in about 1 minute as that's the time it took from hearing the alarm to running outside.

They drove off and left me with my pile of bits. Provided the Police with Registration details of the Carlton and suggested it might be on CCTV as well and do you know what they did? NOTHING...... Absolutely bloody nothing and that's despite my complaining worse than any teenage daughter.....

Since September the Bi-Turbo sat in my garage untouched, until last weekend when I finally got round to repairing the damage.

Total cost of parts: £400 plus or minus.

Rebuilding the lock barrel to suit my key was the biggest pain and don't forget that in order to get the lock and handle out of the door, you must remove the lower window channel first or you'll do what I did (until I went onto the net for research) and spend hours trying to figure out how the damned things comes out...

I feel for you and hope you get it fixed soon.

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Barstewards. I guess this was in L'pool rather than London?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Barstewards. I guess this was in L'pool rather than London?
Yes, parked outside the house as all my cars have been since I got a licence.

The Corrado was prone to the VW badge stealing epidemic in the 90's and the M5 had its badges stole once, but nothing more serious than that.

I've got a hi-res bullet cam set up to record at 1fps to my computer, but as it's in the drive with two other cars in front of it, and the front end stripped in expectation of getting my SLS/PAS pipes replaced, I don't think they'll be touching it in the next couple of days.

The good news is RAC Autoglass said they've sourced a window and will fit it tomorrow! I think I'll leave the lock as it is for a while, as they can't use it to get in the car anyway, and I don't use the key (when I need to use the key) on that side either.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Sorry to hear about this Tone....round up a posse and batter um !!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear about this Tone....round up a posse and batter um !!
If I knew who it was they'd have eaten the glass the broke by now!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Some reprobate nicked the boot BMW Roundel off the boot of my car on the drive last month.

Easily-replaced - they must've used a screwdriver to do it (and must've broken it in the process) - they've left some scratches to the paintwork around the recess it fits into.

- - It's replaced now - but honestly - a BMW Roundel ? - are they really that coveted ? - Seems they are.

I consider damage to my vehicles as the next-worst thing as attacking my family - and the response would be appropriately-so if I ever caught anyone...

·
Registered
526 Posts
Damn ,sorry to hear.

I'd worry all the time if my bikes or cars were parked on the road.

·
Registered
588 Posts
My sympathies.

The nearest I came to this sort of thing was when I sold my LE44/50 to the prick who wrote it off 10 days later (sorry). The grief....

Anwar

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about this Tony ......

Think yourself lucky that you didn't catch them .....you probably would have ended up doing more time than they would !

Vida loca !

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about this Tony ......

Think yourself lucky that you didn't catch them .....you probably would have ended up doing more time than they would !

Vida loca !

+1

Unfortunately our backward justice system would come down harder on a person protecting the car than the scum damaging/stealing from it:mad::mad:

About this "REASONABLE FORCE" law??

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Its an objective test, you have to behave as a reasonable man would in that situation. So if you beat the living daylights out of someone for removing a badge then you would most likely be done for ABH, GBH depending on the damage done.

If the test was subjective it would take into account how much these cars mean to us, thus resulting in a lesser charge.

English law is very odd; you can be guilty of assault (which has no physical aspect in England) just for causing fear in someone and this carries a maximum of 6 months in jail.

So keep you cool out there boys, or just don't get caught ;)

Lantz

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its an objective test, you have to behave as a reasonable man would in that situation. So if you beat the living daylights out of someone for removing a badge then you would most likely be done for ABH, GBH depending on the damage done.

Lantz
But if i got a jury of car enthusiasts, then the reasonableness test would surely be biased towards 'kicking ten bells' out of them for even looking at their car wrong :judge:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
:hihi: problem is there is no jury vetting system like the one in the US, so the chances are minimal!

·
Registered
314 Posts
sorry mate
I had a 2.0 cortina ghia many thosands of years ago and a little bastard decided to go car bouncing on it I saw the little git run up the back laughing so as I could run back then I caught him and being the lawfull person I WAS I took him down to the nick and they questioned him and asked me if I saw him do it I replied no I heared a bump bump as someone run over the car, came out into the back within 3 seconds and he was running up the back laughing so unless linford christie did it it was obviously him. They did jack ****. Anyway I found out where he lived and waited 7 years untill he bought his first car and guess what somebody threw a bag of paint stripper all over his car. Cant think who it was but satisfaction guaranteed marvelous
andy

·
Registered
526 Posts
Anyway I found out where he lived and waited 7 years untill he bought his first car and guess what somebody threw a bag of paint stripper all over his car. Cant think who it was but satisfaction guaranteed marvelous
andy
And they say Elephants have a long memory:eek:oohhh:.

You should have left a note saying " Payback for what you did to my car years ago". He probably wouldn't have know who, given that he more than likely trashed more than one car at some point or another.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
:applause::applause:Love serving that dish COLD:applause::applause:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts