BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Members here live in good ole Louisiana? Would love to put a C&C together sometime...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Live in BR. We have also another new member from BR on the M6 board. Where are you?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Live in BR. We have also another new member from BR on the M6 board. Where are you?
I'm in Prairieville. There is another member in Lake Charles that would be willing to come in for activities, as well.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Friend in BR just got a M5, he'll keep it 4-6 mos, then sell and look for a M6. I'm sure he'd like to get together with us too.

·
Registered
270 Posts
No interest in running anything but if we get together, you're invited. The 335i ain't no slouch.

OBTW I enjoyed taking my M6 up to about 150 mph on I-10 between Lake Charles and Houston with Gustav and an M5 owner on board telling me to go faster. This was a leg of Gustav's USA tour in '07, well, 2 legs actually.

I took Gustav to Bourbon St. At about 2:30 am I told Gustav that I had to turn in; he told me he would be in later, thus I left him in Pat O's with the pedal still to the metal. But Gustav is married now so no more about that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you for being open to non-M's. Just to clarify, I was not talking about street racing. I was just wondering if anyone takes their cars to the track or drag strip. I am putting down about 420whp, which is about 30 less than an M5. But I am a bit lighter :) I would LOVE to see the M6.

Edit: You met Gustav? That is awesome! I thought he lived in Sweden.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Gustav toured the USA in '07. Was handed off from one M owner to another. I took him to Houston where there was an M club meeting for him. He had events and experiences all over the country. His pictures are probably on the site somewhere.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'm in for C and C. Let me know time and place as things firm up. Thanks-mk

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I wasn't aware of any this weekend. Is there one scheduled for BMW's in general?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Looks cool but i won't be able to attend. How often do they occur?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Every 4 months or so there is a really large meet. There are plenty of small get togethers in between, usually about 10-15 cars. Someone on here needs to plan a meet.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Where is it generally held? Is there any dealer/manufacturer support?

·
Registered
18 Posts
No particular spot. And there is no dealer involvement. But there are usually a few lambo's or ferrari's, so thats cool. One guy brought an Enzo.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts