BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there was anyway of making my exhusts louder? I Have the kelleners exhust. Would the X-pipe make it any louder and or gain any horsepower or is it not worth it. Also would adding headers do anything?
Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
AFRM5 said:
I was wondering if there was anyway of making my exhusts louder? I Have the kelleners exhust. Would the X-pipe make it any louder and or gain any horsepower or is it not worth it. Also would adding headers do anything?
Thanks
The X-pipe will make it a little louder. The headers will make it louder also, but the biggest gain will be horse power. You will see between 25-30 hp at the wheels. I feel its the best mod you can do to make it faster. I did the 345 diff first and it didn't make as big a difference as the headers.
Boz

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boz M5 said:
The X-pipe will make it a little louder. The headers will make it louder also, but the biggest gain will be horse power. You will see between 25-30 hp at the wheels. I feel its the best mod you can do to make it faster. I did the 345 diff first and it didn't make as big a difference as the headers.
Boz
thanks what headers would you recomend?

·
Registered
159 Posts
AFRM5 said:
I put on the Supersprint and had them jet coated. The install was straight forward no fitment problems. I bought mine from Discovery Automotive very informative. Evosport I believe sells them also.
Boz

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boz M5 said:
Boz

·
Company Representative for Supersprint
151 Posts
AFRM5

If you are looking to add a deeper, more aggressive tone to your exhaust I would suggest our Supersprint X pipe786813. This pipe section replaces the OEM center resonator and really brings the exhaust note to life! If you are looking to add more power and sound I would suggest our Supersprint headers 786801, this is one of the best modifications available for the BMW e39 M5 providing excellent power, response and exhaust tone. Chris

Headers 786801

X pipe 786813

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
How much increase in sound levels can one expect from installing SS headers?

Is it a subtle change or does it get way louder?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Blue Thunder said:

More of a subtle change. Ive got the Remus exhaust cat back. Then I did the SS headers it was a little louder not much though. But the performance was a whole bunch better. Then I did the X-pipe and that made it louder but not obnoxious loud. I also have a mitsu VR 4 that has a stillen down pipe with Borla exhaust with no cats and its loud. Hope this helps.
Boz

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have Eisenmann Exhaust with the Supersprint X pipe. I've heard it both with and without the Xpipe. Let me tell you something - the X pipe makes a big difference - and I absolutely love it.

I hear Eisenmann and Kelleners are identical (they are made by same company) but I've heard both and I heard a difference - Kelleners were a touch more aggressive. Anyway, IMHO you just gotta get that Xpipe.

As to headers, sounds like it's an easy bolt-on 25 or 30 hp, so I'm considering it.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Boz M5 said:
I put on the Supersprint and had them jet coated. The install was straight forward no fitment problems. I bought mine from Discovery Automotive very informative. Evosport I believe sells them also.
Boz
What kind of coating is this and what are the benefits?
(sorry if this is an ignorant question... :) )

·
Registered
12,931 Posts
Blue Thunder said:

Pretty subtle. More like adding a subwoofer than volume. X pipe will increase the noise level, so I passed on that. Headers were jet coated by D/A and I added Evosport UD pulleys at the same time. Well worth the $$$ IMHO.
Regards,
Jerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts