BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody with experience suggest a loud E60 M5 exhaust other than the Meisterschaft?

Also, can people share their experiences with various sections of exhaust and their respective change to the sound/ output of their cars.

I am especially interested in hearing from members with aftermarket headers.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Can anybody with experience suggest a loud E60 M5 exhaust other than the Meisterschaft?

Also, can people share their experiences with various sections of exhaust and their respective change to the sound/ output of their cars.

I am especially interested in hearing from members with aftermarket headers.
I have the following set up

Evosport Headers
Evosport High Flow Cats
Evosport X Pipe
Dinan Cans

All this equals a great growl - I turn it on and my neighbors think we are having a slight earth quake:biggrinbounce:!!!!!!! I love it - and the power the Evosport parts generate are unbelievable! You would be happy!!!!

Reactions: MDrive

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have Supersprint X-Pipe and Dinan exhaust. Its as loud as I want it. sometimes I think its too loud, especially on a cold startup!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi have the same setup a avi8ter and its a nice sounding combo. Like he said, the cold starts are LOUD! But that's the case with this car with most aftermarket systems, but once you get going for 2 minutes, the systems quiets down nicely and when cruising you can barely tell you have an aftermarket system. But once you push it past 4k, you get that nice F1 howl...

·
Registered
513 Posts
I think no matter what set up you go with your gonna get that F1 howl. When I had stock it was there. When I added the dinan cans it got louder. Then when I added the Evosport parts it got even louder. Same F1 noise just louder as I added stuff.... I think we can credit the engine for giving us that cool howl... Its just what you add that makes it louder... :cheers:

**my cold starts are crazy - you can hear it and feel it. My whole house shakes!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I think we can credit the engine for giving us that cool howl... Its just what you add that makes it louder... :cheers:
Agreed. The V10 sound is sadly suppressed with a stock exhaust.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Kreissieg F1 does sound great but you have to swallow the $7K price and you need so type of vacuum pump.
Do a search. There are plenty of videos of many members different exhausts so you can bebin to formulate your ideas of what you like.

Cheers and good luck

M5Ranger

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think no matter what set up you go with your gonna get that F1 howl. When I had stock it was there. When I added the dinan cans it got louder. Then when I added the Evosport parts it got even louder. Same F1 noise just louder as I added stuff.... I think we can credit the engine for giving us that cool howl... Its just what you add that makes it louder... :cheers:

**my cold starts are crazy - you can hear it and feel it. My whole house shakes!
Have you made a video of your car?

Please post a link - it sounds like the type of system I am after.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Have you made a video of your car?

Please post a link - it sounds like the type of system I am after.
I don't have a video yet... I'll make one. I love the system its a real head turner... People look at it as if to be in disbelief that a bmw could sound so wild and untamed. When I go under bridges and it echos - it sounds like I am watching a F1 race. It is loud! But in a sweet way! Let me work on that video would love to get one from cold start to warm up and hitting the gas. Would love to show off her rumble!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't have a video yet... I'll make one. I love the system its a real head turner... People look at it as if to be in disbelief that a bmw could sound so wild and untamed. When I go under bridges and it echos - it sounds like I am watching a F1 race. It is loud! But in a sweet way! Let me work on that video would love to get one from cold start to warm up and hitting the gas. Would love to show off her rumble!!!

Thanks M5 Junky

I for one would love to hear it, especially on cold start up.

Im sure many other members would love to hear it also:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
anyone try tubi exhaust for e60 m5? There are two version one softer n one louder. The sound note for the loud one is similar to the ferarri 355 tubi.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

·
Company Representative for EisenmannNA
232 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Kreissieg F1 but with that price, I would get headers+2nd cats/resonator deleted and Meisterschaft GT or E-race. Very loud (+135dBA from sound meter and very drone from inside)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thanks M5 Junky

I for one would love to hear it, especially on cold start up.

Im sure many other members would love to hear it also:)
I'm gonna get a video together by tomorrow.... I have listened to the videos that were on this thread... Great sounds... I think headers and high flow cats really add to the Xpipe, and the cans noise level...

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you want to get a serious sound, get the Kreissieg exhaust. If you want to get more bang for your buck, Eisenmann Race with SS x-pipe, and maybe add the SS headers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is the Kreissieg exhaust really THAT good? I mean it is a lot of $$$$ for essentially just a muffler.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts