BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pEby8zJrFWA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That is the best sounding M5 I've ever heard. According to the video title, he's got a full Supersprint setup with Eisenmann race exhaust tips. I've heard Supersprint is not very well performing and emissions are weird when the cats aren't hot. I know that they're expensive too. Can you guys think of some component combinations that will give me a similar sound? I don't know very much technically about the exhaust system and I've heard cutouts are pretty good for getting the beast to growl, but I don't know exactly what that means. Muffler deletes sound good, but what about the resonators? I guess they control the lower frequencies and keep the car from droning without mufflers?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
323 Posts
It may sound nice but that's stupidly loud. Also in normal city driving that will boom and drone like crazy.
Each to their own, but its not for me.

Put Russ fellows into the search box here and you can see what I have.

If you have custom manifolds ( headers ) and cats, then ( & its only my opinion ) don't use an X pipe , keep the original resonator section and you can have almost whatever exhausts your ears desire.
Some people are now making an H pipe that replaces the resonator box or X pipe, but I don't think its that much quieter.

Lots of choice out there in the exhaust field for an E39..............

Have fun ,
Regards,
Nat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may sound nice but that's stupidly loud. Also in normal city driving that will boom and drone like crazy.
Each to their own, but its not for me.

Put Russ fellows into the search box here and you can see what I have.

If you have custom manifolds ( headers ) and cats, then ( & its only my opinion ) don't use an X pipe , keep the original resonator section and you can have almost whatever exhausts your ears desire.
Some people are now making an H pipe that replaces the resonator box or X pipe, but I don't think its that much quieter.

Lots of choice out there in the exhaust field for an E39..............

Have fun ,
Regards,
Nat.
I'm sure it might get annoying, but I could just put the mufflers back on if that happens right? And I've heard some people will also do a cat delete, what exactly will that do the car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts