BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted some opinions on this car :)

Any owners out there on the board?
How is it as a daily driver?
Does it go fast? (does it feel fast?)
Does softop fit in the truck?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
It leaks water in. The heaters don't work. In the Winter the ice is thickest on the inside of the windscreen. Apart from that it's a great car. Not one for people who like a little luxury.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Val said:
Any owners out there on the board?
How is it as a daily driver?
Does it go fast? (does it feel fast?)

Didn't drive it, but got a ride in one.

All in all I'm impressed, esp. by the high-revving Toyota engine. Really fun!
It feels fast, but the driver said there was a big difference with/without passanger and since the car becomes almost 10% heavier he must have a point. :hihihi:
Wouldn't have it as a daily, more as a second car 4 fun. But I'm sure it would work. It felt like the car had good quality, and the owner used to have an 111 before and said the difference was huge - to the better.

Perhaps a Vauxhall would give you the same for half the price?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately, vauxhall speedsters are not imported to russia... And i dont really like the idea of not having warranty and proper service.
However we have official Lotus dealer here. :cheers:

Also i like elise's appearance more :) its very distinctive.

What bothers me most about Lotus though, is safety... :(

Any ideas on this matter? How "dangerous" is elise? Does installment of harness help? (no airbags....)

SUPRA said:
Didn't drive it, but got a ride in one.

All in all I'm impressed, esp. by the high-revving Toyota engine. Really fun!
It feels fast, but the driver said there was a big difference with/without passanger and since the car becomes almost 10% heavier he must have a point. :hihihi:
Wouldn't have it as a daily, more as a second car 4 fun. But I'm sure it would work. It felt like the car had good quality, and the owner used to have an 111 before and said the difference was huge - to the better.

Perhaps a Vauxhall would give you the same for half the price?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Lotus 111R is very fast. It's kind of the same as the Lotus Exige.
Only the Exige is a little bit faster in the turns.

A friend has an Elise and we drove it on the Circuit Zolder. We passed a lot of cars (Viper, Ferrari 348 GTS,...)

The engine is very loud, at full throttle we had more than 97db. The took us of the circuit :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts