BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps,i have just come back from the shops with my 02 M5.I was reversing into a parking space and when i came to a stop i noticed my stereo display screen had gone off.But the music was still on?
I then disconnected the battery for about ten mins,to see if that woud sort the stereo as it has done before.
Connected battery up again and the screen kind of lit up a tiny bit then went off.No orange lights either side.

Ok i said to myself and drove of listening to the M5 sounds instead.I reached home and discovered that my indicator lights,full beam light on dash are not working.Along with no reversing lights,pdc beep(faulty),courtesy interior lights when i switch car off.Also maybe my indicators werent cancelling either IIRC.

I have checked all the fuses in the glovebox and the ones in the boot,they all seem ok.IS there any more fuseboxs? It seems as if when i engaged reverse this problem happened.

So my question is has anyone came across this problem before?A few mths ago the check control came up with "Check Reverse Lights",i wander if this is linked?They were working at the time.

I did try the search function before i posted this,Thanks in Advance People. Paul

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a good suspect,as it went flat two days ago.I didnt use the car for about 30 hrs and it was as flat as a pancake.
I charged it overnight and guessed it would be ok,just told myself to not let it lie for to long without starting it.

I will try another one on it tmrw,thanks for replying,Paul..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts