BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man it is good fun tinkering around with the Beast:wroom: , particularly since I am not sure which pieces of technology have been included, or half included. As a May 2001 build, I think it is on the edge of several upgrades, like Bluetooth. My local stealer says this it is not upgradable in this model - I will double check this, not that I don't trust him or anything! :typing:

One part of playing accidentally activated the Voice Activation, and seemed to allow me to record a short note to myself. None of the doco I have gives any instructions etc. Can anyone help?

Couple of pici's attached (hopefully).:M5launch:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I don't have an answer, but I'm feeling a little itchy trying to imagine myself shifting with my left arm. Where's the clutch pedal?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had to think about that: accelerator is definitely for the right lead foot, so clutch must be left! No change, just have to dodge the kangaroos.:cheers:

I have done a fair amount of driving around the States, the biggest challenge being roundabouts: easy to enter, not so easy to exit!! :confused: Sometimes I had to do the full circuit before I could remember the correct side. Luckily not in an M5!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
coff said:
I have done a fair amount of driving around the States, the biggest challenge being roundabouts: easy to enter, not so easy to exit!! :confused: Sometimes I had to do the full circuit before I could remember the correct side. Luckily not in an M5!!
Hey mate, its the same problem for me when I visit England (haven't been to OZ yet). I am ok as long as other traffic is on the road and no roundabouts.
Problem is I am always shifting the window crank and looking the wrong direction for the inside rear mirror.
You can always tell where the yanks left the rental car lot at Heathrow, normally their first roundabout and the first hint that they are on the wrong side of the road. :confused2
Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts