BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Losing Oil!

5K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  BFDD 
#1 ·
My 2013 M5 at 6,600 gave me the warning that the oil is at minimum level. I was like WTF, the next service is 12,000 miles so why the oil disappears? I added 1 Quartz and then I brought it to the local dealer and before I can even drop it off, one of the guys says it is "NORMAL" for high performance car like this.

I told him I have a Lamborghini and a 1,020 Horspower Viper that NEVER LOSE oil. I accepted it and gave him the benefit of the doubt. BUT, 1,000 miles after and I got the warning again! WTF? Is this normal for M5? I checked my garage and no oil drips

#3 ·
If you push the car hard it's normal to add 1 liter of oil every few thousand kilometer.
It happen to my F10 and E60 M5. BMW's and Audi's do that and it's normal.
But if you don't push it at all and it needs oil, than take it in and insist that they check it.

#6 ·
M Cars have been in for testing here that are using 1000 miles per litre, and been repaired/replaced.
Like I said there is a limit BMW have placed on these cars that use excessive Oil , the dealership needs to contact BMW to find out how to test and what can be done, NONE of my M cars ever burned oil like this, all in fact use almost none.:)

#16 ·
Just today had dealer add a quart, 1320 miles since last quart was added. Seems the F-10, at least the 2013 one that I have, uses more oil than the 2008 E-60 that I had. Maybe the turbo's? In the "for what it is worth" category, service advisor told me that BMW bulletin allows for as little as 750 miles per quart for M cars....:Thumbdown:

#17 · (Edited)
Here in the UK, that would NOT be allowed by BMW, we have had cars in for that consumption and up to 1000 mils/ltr, BMW will cure cars drinking that amount of Oil here.
Personally if mine was that bad I would out it.:sad2:
PS) not put a drop in 3000 miles on the new M6GC CP I have, and added NONE to the LCI M5 i put 12000 miles on, both run hard once hot for the first 40/50 miles.

#21 ·
Yes, the E60 enjoyed the bottle (I used to carry a spare bottle of the special juice in the trunk, just in case she got thirsty on a road-tripcherrsagai). Although I miss the V-10, I guess I thought that the V-8 (notwithstanding the turbo's) would have been more of a teetotaler...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.