BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Eurospec Becker autoradio, part # 65.12-6 907 130. My radio receiver(Located in the trunk) has water damage, and I need to replace it. I am having a horrible time finding the part anywhere. I know it is a European Spec, but there has to be something out there. I am slowly losing hope, as I have not had a radio in over 3 months. Hope someone can help.:(

·
10,455 Posts
does your m5 have nav, as most US spec M5's do? I have the radio unit from my 00 M5 from when i upgraded to sirius. I can take a look for it this weekend to see what the p'n is. I'm not sure if there is a specific radio for 'eurospec' cars, as when i installed the new radio unit in my car, it was set to 'euro' mode, so my sirius didn't work until i set it to 'USA' mode. It also went thru radio stations at every 0.1 set, rather than staying on odd numbered frequencies, as we have.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does have Nav. Only difference is it has a TV. If you can look, that would be great. You gave me some Hope. Let me know.

Thanks.

mottati said:
does your m5 have nav, as most US spec M5's do? I have the radio unit from my 00 M5 from when i upgraded to sirius. I can take a look for it this weekend to see what the p'n is. I'm not sure if there is a specific radio for 'eurospec' cars, as when i installed the new radio unit in my car, it was set to 'euro' mode, so my sirius didn't work until i set it to 'USA' mode. It also went thru radio stations at every 0.1 set, rather than staying on odd numbered frequencies, as we have.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Saint Louis said:
It does have Nav. Only difference is it has a TV. If you can look, that would be great. You gave me some Hope. Let me know.

Thanks.
you don't have to replace with the same part #- I just replaced the round-pin unit in my 01 540 w/Nav to the new Becker-made unit with the blade pins so I could get Sirius. works like a charm.

The regional settings can be accessed by turning the radio on, hitting INFO, and then holding down SELECT until the service mode pops up. Use seek up/dn to get to the AREA menu and then press 1,2,3, or 4 until you get the area you want (I think it's called OCE on the recent radios.)

FWIW, the radio part # I have is 65-12-6-964-399. you'd need three adapter cables, one for the round pin part of the current plug, one for the two groups of pins, and another for the antenna. This seriously takes less than ten minutes to install.

good luck,

-Felix

·
10,455 Posts
I did the same install as felix, so i probably have the same, or a similar radio unit. I'll see if i can get the pn tonight.
I had always thought the tv module was a separate unit? No?
Mike

fvicente said:
you don't have to replace with the same part #- I just replaced the round-pin unit in my 01 540 w/Nav to the new Becker-made unit with the blade pins so I could get Sirius. works like a charm.

The regional settings can be accessed by turning the radio on, hitting INFO, and then holding down SELECT until the service mode pops up. Use seek up/dn to get to the AREA menu and then press 1,2,3, or 4 until you get the area you want (I think it's called OCE on the recent radios.)

FWIW, the radio part # I have is 65-12-6-964-399. you'd need three adapter cables, one for the round pin part of the current plug, one for the two groups of pins, and another for the antenna. This seriously takes less than ten minutes to install.

good luck,

-Felix

·
10,455 Posts
ok, sounds like mine is different. It's an alpine unit, model C43 BM US
PArt Number is 65-10-6-902 718
My car is a 6/00 produced 00 model year, so the radio has round pins, as opposed to the flat pins on the later style. If you have round pins, this might work.
Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you like to work out a deal? I don't think it would hurt to try it. The pins in mine are round, too.

mottati said:
ok, sounds like mine is different. It's an alpine unit, model C43 BM US
PArt Number is 65-10-6-902 718
My car is a 6/00 produced 00 model year, so the radio has round pins, as opposed to the flat pins on the later style. If you have round pins, this might work.
Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts