BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good mechanic to replace a rear suspension bushing in Los Angeles. I will also need a rear alignment. I have spoken to Andrew at Avus Autosport, who is the one who pointed this out in the first place, but am looking for someone a little closer to Manhattan Beach. Any and all help is really appreciated. Also, trying to stay away from the dealer.

Thanks, Hector

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hector Lopez said:
I am looking for a good mechanic to replace a rear suspension bushing in Los Angeles. I will also need a rear alignment. I have spoken to Andrew at Avus Autosport, who is the one who pointed this out in the first place, but am looking for someone a little closer to Manhattan Beach. Any and all help is really appreciated. Also, trying to stay away from the dealer.

Thanks, Hector
GT International in West Los Angeles,has done good work on many of my BMW cars for the last 15 years or so. They only work on BMW's and they race and build also.

·
Registered
340 Posts
c4m5 said:
GT International in West Los Angeles,has done good work on many of my BMW cars for the last 15 years or so. They only work on BMW's and they race and build also.
I recommend both of these. I personally think Andrew is a bit more aggresive in these matters then needs- meaning he told me mine was broken and needed replacing but in fact was fine. EF1 is a terrific operation and very reasonable. GT is further away, off Olympic in West LA (owned by John Norris). John is a Brit, who are recognized for their great training in England to become a mechanic. You would do well with either. I suggest EF1 for suspension and GT for mechanical.

·
Registered
250 Posts
dmccrary90025 said:
I recommend both of these. I personally think Andrew is a bit more aggresive in these matters than needs- meaning he told me mine was broken and needed replacing but in fact was fine. EF1 is a terrific operation and very reasonable. GT is further away, off Olympic in West LA (owned by John Norris). John is a Brit, who are recognized for their great training in England to become a mechanic. You would do well with either. I suggest EF1 for suspension and GT for mechanical.

I totally agree about Avus, Andrew also told me that I needed rear ball joints and infact they were fine.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to thank all you that helped me out with this. I am goignt o take it over to EF1. Spoke with Fabrizio, and he is going to help me out. Seems reaslly cool, hope it all works out.

Thanks, Hector

·
Banned
64 Posts
a place closer to you would be BNB Tuning........i heard ef1 had a lot of drama before but i don't know if they worked out there problems.......

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I met with Fabrizio at EF1, ans he is a really cool guy. Looked at my issue, tried a quick fix, it didn't work, so he quoted me a price. Price seemed a little high. I told him the price I was quoted at Avus, and he was straight up and said that I should go there. Very cool very honest. I will definitely give them another chance if I ever need suspension or tire work. Very clean nice shop.
:cheers: Hector

1 - 10 of 10 Posts