BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the LA Auto Show today, no M5. I talked with BMWNA there at the show and they told me that there were only 2 M5's in the country and both were at the Detroit Auto Show.

They did tell me that I should expect to see September production for the U.S. with deliveries in October. The two that I talked with also went on to say that most dealers in the LA area have stopped putting names on their lists because they have lists that are 2 or 3 years of allocation for the dealer.

Don't know if this is new information but thought I should post it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I thought the LA Auto Show is a let-down. Besides, how could they allow two M5s in Detroit and none in the West Coast ? What were they thinking ? :nono: :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
amfung said:
I thought the LA Auto Show is a let-down. Besides, how could they allow two M5s in Detroit and none in the West Coast ? What were they thinking ? :nono: :nono: :nono:
I told the 2 BMWNA people that I talked with that one of them should have been at this show. Southern California is one of the largest markets for that kind of car. But, they realize that us M fans will still buy the car even if they don't show it to us at an auto show.

·
Registered
816 Posts
greg_h said:
But, they realize that us M fans will still buy the car even if they don't show it to us at an auto show.
... and they're right, but that's a somewhat condescending view from them. I would however, have complained that their show staff seemed generally clueless about the products on display.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts