BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock shifter knob (MY03) is increasingly becomming looser on the Rogue shifter lever. I'm not certain how it is removed but is there a fix to secure it better?
It has yet to come off but it constantly twists to a counter clockwise position and as I twist it back it's slowly becomming looser.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
There are a couple little plastic tabs that hold the shifter knob on the shifter. These can wear away sometimes (happened on my old 540). Not sure what you can really do about it except buy a new knob from the dealer (which should also contain a new leather boot). The knob comes off when it is pulled very hard up, it does not twist off. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks T.C.
I would suspect the knob will not easily come off then ?

B

·
0 Posts
GregC said:
Thanks T.C.
I would suspect the knob will not easily come off then ?
It could slide off if the pins are not placing equal pressure on each side of the shaft. There needs to be counter-pressure for it to stay affixed. A set-screw or a circular pin, which are used in the aftermarket knobs, work better and last much longer. You may want to remove the knob, and look inside to see if anything is broken, and if not, you could wrap some tape around the shaft to make the knob stick on better.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dan,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts