BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to ask firstly how the smg gearbox works?

whats the smg box like around town, is it suted better to highway, motorway driving?

can the car be driven in an automatic mode only? if so does this mode sute to car?

Basicly what gear changing setting works best on the car?

Also what to look out for on the car. i;e weak points if any? being an E39 owner previously, knowing the cooling system to be the major weak point.

Thanks for now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Personally....I don't like driving it in anything other than manual change / s5 / full power / m dynamic mode. I find the whole experience to lethargic with a slower speed shift.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
appreciate the feed back m33ufo.

also do the active seat bolsters come as standard?

also, not sure if the saloon comes with a full size spare if one at all? whats your view on this?

again, are the tyres the run flats option? how do you find them?

appolgies for all the questions just trying to gather as much info as poss.

will be looking to test drive one or two within the next week or so, anything you recommend me to look out for?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine has active seats but as far as I'm aware they are optional.

M cars have an M-mobility kit. A pump and foam canister in the boot.

No run flats on M cars.

I always start looking on Pistonheads. Usually a decent selection and gives you an idea of what's available within your budget.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again m33ufo, i'm off tommorow to look at an 06 silverstone saloon.

The car has the media package, i'm not sure on what this is. Is this a standard option? is it any use?

Also the car doesn't have the active seat bolsters which i was after. Are they a must for this car?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry missed your post.

How did it go?

Can't help with the media option.

Active seats are a nice one to have but most of the time I leave mine deactivated!

Good luck :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts