BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and girls...
I'm looking to update my Angel eyes on my 2009 M6,looking for the best ones out there for a great price.please let me knw brightness,price,watts,lumens if possible and and where I can find them..thanks ;)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have some Weisslicht halos that I had on my 08. Center rings were very bright and outers had some light to them. I paid $140.00 and would let them go for $50.00

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
424 Posts
Umnitza ICE VXX are great, I put them on my car a while ago and they are very bright, and haven't gone out on me, and pretty visible during the day time. Outer rings are just as bright as inners. I got them on Umnitza.com, they're for sale for around $120.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just installed the Weisslichts this past weekend and am very happy with them. What a difference over stock... The white light looks so much better than the stock yellow. Wish I had done this right after I bought the car...

One thing to keep in mind with the Weisslichts is they did cause a bulb warning so if this bugs you and you are not setup to code your car not to cold check your bulbs you might want to go for another option.

If you install them yourself make sure you seal the bulb compartment rock solid. The black outer cover with the o-ring type seal should not budge at all when you try and move it. I left one slightly loose and had moisture come in. Dried it with a hairdryer and resealed and all good now...

·
Registered
427 Posts
All depends on if you have LCI(facelift) headlights or not.. if you have pre-LCI headlights there are many more options for you.. if you have the newer facelifted/LCI headlights your inner circles will always be brighter then outer ones :(

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have some Weisslicht halos that I had on my 08. Center rings were very bright and outers had some light to them. I paid $140.00 and would let them go for $50.00

Just received my WeissLicht V4s in the mail yesterday. I haven't ever changed the bulbs in the M6 I always let the dealership do it. Is there a good DIY on here of how to change the bulbs?

Will an error code pop up once these bad boys are installed? On the Bimmian website it said no fault codes?

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the dealership do mine and then the fault code came up so we took them out about a week later. They did look good I just didnt like the code coming up.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I wonder why you are getting a fault code when the are advertised to not throw any codes?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not sure. I called Bimmian and they told me they have resistors that would fix this I just have not done anything yet. If you are going to out them in I would definitely call them about those.

·
8,376 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Umnitza ICE VXX are great, I put them on my car a while ago and they are very bright, and haven't gone out on me, and pretty visible during the day time. Outer rings are just as bright as inners. I got them on Umnitza.com, they're for sale for around $120.00.

hey did you have to use the resistor pack ???and do u have any pics during the day?thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I dont I never bought them. I kmow that the guy told me they were around $5.00 a piece

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I put my WeisLicht V4s in today and I cannot get the outer ring to light up. I have talked to Dan @ Bimmian about four times today. He said he is going to check with the designer and see what the problem is. I'm bummed, been waiting to get this in for a week or so now. What the heck???

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts